Discovery Channels - The Colony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery Channels - The Colony

Has anyone else seen the commercials for this show. It looks interesting and almost like a preppers dream show.

A group of people are dropped into some empty town and told there was a bio accident. A believe they are tasked with rebuilding and living like a survivalist.
    He who lives with the most toys, wins.

This would be Season 2 of the show. I watched the previous season to see if there was anything to learn from them. Works great if you happen to have all the right skill sets available when they drop you off at the filming location.
    As Zombie Axe would say...
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

There was a New Zealand TV show that was much better than Season 1 of The Colony, cant remember the name but it had none of the phoney bad guys and hysterics simple plot was 4 diverse PPL dumped off at an old mining site, that sort of stuff.
      The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

there was no normal people there last year all dr.s professor and stuff was kinda comical last year not really a true to life show though
        the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

Anyone see it last night?

I actually enjoyed it. Much better than the last season. Looks like they found real everyday people this time, and gave them some marrauders to deal with on the very first episode. The colonists got some actual bumps and bruises as well as some pepperspray to the peepers. They were a little slow on pulling security, but after last nights a$$ beating, they should shape up a little.

Pretty good stuff for a "controlled environment"

I don't think many of us would really learn anything from the show, but I thought it was very entertaining:cool:
          Last edited by slowz1k; 07-28-2010, 09:22 AM.
          The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

I saw 20 minutes of it. Does it take place in New Orleans? Yeah it was much better than the 1st season and it was far more realistic, with the rotten pigs, snake killing, zombies, etc.
            The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

I watched the DVR'd show today (I work nights). I thought it was pretty good and they did get some lumps, but had the situation been real I think the baddies would have just killed them all and taken all of their stuff or at least taken all the stuff(not just meds). If all of their food was gone it would make the show more interesting. It was also stressing me out when they were wasting the milk, when they could have just used water.

Comment

Yeah I watched it and thought that fight was kinda dumb too. In a real situation the attackers would have brought guns, clubs, and knives and taken everything, if not killed them outright. The real thing would be much uglier. But it sure is a cool show. They'll be out of food soon. Looking forward to next week.

Comment

Final episode was last night. Anyone watch it???
                  The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Yea I watched it. They sure did set it up for next season didn't they??? But I guess it was ok.

Comment

Not trying to sound like a wuss or anything, but wouldn't it have made more sense to leave the militia people alone and just have left. I was kind of hoping the boat wouldn't start.

Or

The boat should have been ready and waiting and they should have been out of there within 2 minutes of returning.
                      I thought it started getting a bit stupid when they were just sort of hanging out loading the boat.

Comment

It is a scripted reality show. There is no sense to it. The whole series is a great education on what NOT to do though lol.

Comment

Yeah I saw it the other day. It seemed pretty gay.

Comment

Working...
                          X