No announcement yet.

What do you do for fun and relaxation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do for fun and relaxation?

Everyone here works very hard at being prepared for a particular scenario. I was curious as to what other activities you enjoy. My wife and I enjoy kayaking and bicycling, which helps us put the perils of everyday life on the back burner for awhile and clear our heads. I find that after doing something enjoyable I have a much clearer view about things that I to concentrate on. Let me know what you think.

Hunting, fishing, hiking etc. As long as I get out in the woods I'm good. Of course a trip to the shooting range always works wonders...
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

I am pretty passionate about my work, which keeps me in the woods. I also hunt, fish, canoe, so also woods.
      "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

I work hard everday to get out in the mountains. Not hard to do since I live way up in the mountains.

Comment

Photography... Love taking pictures. And do some weddings on the side too.

Comment

Can't remember. Oh well.

Comment

Prepping can become obsessive when everything one hears and reads is so negative. So it is important to balance that input with reminders of the good in life.

This summer I am expanding my container garden. Then I signed up for a blacksmithing class. Together my princess bride and I will be traveling to South Carolina for a niece's wedding, and then on to Florida to visit our son in the Navy.

On a daily basis we pray and attend church weekly. Fridays are usually fish fry night. Being new empty-nesters we are having to get reacquainted with each other again, so we are taking walks after work, and at least once a week try making dinner together. We are planning to do some camping and kayaking this summer.
              If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Comment

I'm a trout fisherman. The boys and I head over to Norfork Ark every chance we get. Been contemplating a BOL location in that area.
                You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

Searching Forums like this one :)

Comment

Hunt, fish, Cook, Scroung for lead to make my ammo, Metal detecting, tree work, small engine repair and the list goes on......

Comment

What ever I want. ;) The main one is I throw soft tip darts & will be going the medalist world finals in Vegas in July.

Comment

I love the outdoors so I spend as much of my free time doing some sort of activity that gets me out. Turkey season starts in a week, so I've been spending a lot of time scouting for gobblers. Then I'll usually spend a couple of hours flyfishing for trout. If I'm really depressed or need to clear my mind I'll take a spin on the Harley weather permitting. Suffice it to say that I'm outside one way or the other.

Joe
                        SEMPER PARATUS

Comment

I must have been a VERY happy farmer in a previous life. One of the most relaxing thinga I can do is work with my plants. I raise strawberries, blueberries, a few fruit trees, mulberries, wild and "tame" blackberries, a couple dozen different herbs, and some container veggies and such) ( lettuce peanuts, peppers) and tomatoes getting my hands in the soil and watching them bear fruit is richly rewarding and lots of fun. Not to mention the added bonus of suplimenting our food supply and a fall back if things go south.

Comment

me and my better half like to do gardening together I like to cook and woodworking .. also like to get into the woods atleast twice a month to brush up on skills.
                            Survival is not the art of living it's the art of existing

Comment

We also love outdoor activites-we have horses that we trail ride and camp with, we have a badmitten and volleyball set that we play with, tetherball, we canoe when it's really hot, vegetable and herb garden (thanks to an angel we have our garden this year-it's been a tough year or so financially, and we got some seeds from a very kind soul) play cards, run (I'm a 1/2 marathoner), target shoot....anything to keep us sharp, off the couch and having fun. :) oh, and we love Scenario Saturdays-pick a scenario, and go have fun with it!
                              This kitten has claws......

Comment

Working...
                              X