Whale Wars tv show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whale Wars tv show

This show is about a hippy activist group that sails around interfering with people fishing.
    I watch it to root against them.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

I can't even watch it, but I'd root against them too.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

They are idiots. One of these days they may just disappear at sea. Hopefully...

Comment

If any other country let a group of people do that to American we would call it Acts of Terrorism
        I think the Japanese should fire a warning shot across their bow and if they don't turn around ...."Sink 'em"

My personal $.02

D

Comment

Whale hunting has been illegal for decades now... Whether we agree with it or not, it is the law; it is international law that the Japanese are trying to circumvent by hunting whales and calling it 'experimental studies' and then selling the meat at the price of gold in the Japanese and other Asian markets... Furthermore, the Japanese are doing this illegal hunting in international waters (not on their territorial waters) so nobody is intruding into their nationhood, or attacking their country. Nobody else does anything to challenge their illegal hunting except these guys who think they have the right and the duty to stop it; they are braking no international or maritime laws (unlike the illegal hunters). On the other hand, they are knowingly interfering with a private enterprise (legal or not) and they are willing to bear the retaliation and pay the consequences... I think they have guts. I root for them!
          "Go out on a limb... That's where the fruits are!" -Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by makerofgirls View Post
            Whale hunting has been illegal for decades now... Whether we agree with it or not, it is the law; it is international law that the Japanese are trying to circumvent by hunting whales and calling it 'experimental studies' and then selling the meat at the price of gold in the Japanese and other Asian markets... Furthermore, the Japanese are doing this illegal hunting in international waters (not on their territorial waters) so nobody is intruding into their nationhood, or attacking their country. Nobody else does anything to challenge their illegal hunting except these guys who think they have the right and the duty to stop it; t
            First off I'm a hunter and have fished all my life. I do it to provide for my family, and to pass on the knowledge to the next generation of how to do it right. I'm not some nut case that wants to stop all hunting and fishing.

In this case makerofgirls is so right; what use is hunting these whales? To keep up a hundred year tradition say the Japanese. They do not need the food, they do not need the blubber, or the bones. or the organs, or the brains of these majestic animals. They do it because one small area in Northern Japanese has hunted whales since the Americans came in 1850's and showed them how to hunt them.

It is the responsibility of civilization to stop this slaughter of the world largest animals, or they will go the way of the American Bison or the do-do bird. Do you want to take your grand kids to a museum to show the largest animal in the known world. Instead of watching them swim by you siting in a boat.

Comment

A. All Whale hunting is NOT illegal. The last program on these guys was on Norse shores or something interfering with folks hunting a completely legal type of whale.

B. What the japanese are doing, whether we agree with it morally or not is permitted by exemption for scientific research.

C. The sea shepherds are not empowered by any government body, and are taking on themselves to interfere with LEGAL operations.
              (Hence them getting a 1 million dollar bail in connection to cutting tuna nets last year.)

If you personally decide to fight against whaling, then pursue LEGAL remedies. But the one sided propoganda campaign by the sea shepherds is gross.

The run into the path of the whalers and then cry "did you see that? They tried to hit us!" They throw bottles of ACID at the whalers and cry that they are being attacked.

They are the worst example of eco-terrorists, and I shall continue to cheer against them.
              Made me smile last week when they took their fiberglass ship into an ARCTIC STORM and smashed the outrigger. Sigh.... Dang Hippies!

But MakerOfGirls, I am happy to disagree with yah. That's why the creator made this place soooo big is so that there's room for you and me to disagree!
              "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by myakka62 View Post
                But MakerOfGirls, I am happy to disagree with yah. That's why the creator made this place soooo big is so that there's room for you and me to disagree!
                Myakka62: if only there were more people in this nation of ours (and the world at large) that had your approach and way of thinking, we all would stand a better change to survive... Keep it up!
                "Go out on a limb... That's where the fruits are!" -Will Rogers

Comment

OK if you want to back the Japanese go ahead.

But two years ago one of their scout ships that is set up to run security ran down and rammed a 55 foot 3.9 million dollar ship owned and used by the sea Shepard organization. The Japanese ship did not stop as required by all laws of the sea to render assistance. They just video taped what happened and moved on. It took the other sea Shepard ship over 2 hours to reach the scene and render aid until the rammed ship sunk.

This is this is the current attitude of the Japanese. They went on their TV News stating that the other ship ram them. Yea right a small 55 foot boat run down by a 450 foot hunter ship!
                  Carbon fiber vs cold hard steel!!

If you watch over the last 2 seasons you will notice that the Japanese have used other weapons including sound generators on both small craft and a flying helicopter. (Which is against all flying rules). While the sea Shepard uses only non violent methods including using stink bombs (NOT ACID), ropes to tie up their propellers, and keeping a ship maintain within 200 feet of the stern of the factory ship to stop loading of various killed whales. They have been killing over 1500 whales a year including the very rare blue whale of which scientist believe that there is less then 5000 left in the world today!

Comment

Rich,

You can't accept the sea shephards take on everything,

When the incident you are referencing was reviewed by maritime authorities they cited the sea shepherds for cutting accross the path of the japanese. They said that this was the major contributing factor to the collision.
                    Yes they also faulted the japanese for not redering assistance, but what I am saying is it is not one sided.

Also, check your facts. The sea shepherds explain the bottles of acid themselves by saying it makes the deck of the harvesting ship unusable.

I am not a fan of whaling. But I do not accept vigilante justice and HATE LYING PROPAGANDA.

If the sea shepherds even just told the truth about what they were doing, but were passionately doing what they believed in, I could support their spirit if not their methods, but if you google them and read the UNBIASED reports of non-participants you would see that they lie.

That's why Paul was kicked out of greenpeace (which he was an early or founding member of), and then kicked out of a second eco organization which he helped start.
                    His propoganda and lies coupled with his violent methods made him not suitable for greenpeace.
                    Wrap your head around that. Usually being willing to hit a human to save a fish is a job requirement for them.

(I am not pro-whaling, or pro-japanese) But I have done my homework on these eco-thugs.

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

If you conduct piracy, you should be hung like a pirate. If you don't like the international laws and treaties work to change them legally. Even our own native americans still hunt whales, legally.

Dale

Comment

There are HUMAN BEINGS in this world who are starving, being abused, raped and murdered and taken into slavery. There are many ways to do good and help PEOPLE. When I see these self righteous, self appointed do gooders who dedicate their lives and vast amounts of money and resources to protect animals it makes me sick. In my opinion they are nothing more than traitors to their own species. If they really wanted to do something good they should be helping their fellow HUMAN BEINGS!
                        SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

Comment

Working...
                        X