Homemade wine/homebrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade wine/homebrew

Anyone else make their own wine/homebrew? I enjoy making diffrent types. I see on the prepper show the people who are planning to use hootch as a barter item. I feel they are opening themselves up to alot of problems. It is more of a hobby for me.

I tried it years ago, didn't do so good. I work with a guy that love to make his own beer.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
    -Ben Franklin

Comment

I made apple wine a few weeks ago to see how hard it would be. A youtube video made it look pretty easy.
      So I did it, and the only warning was that it turns to vinegar if you don't watch it closely..
      Mine went to vinegar. But for me that is way better than wine anyway, so I didnt consider it failed wine, but a way easy process to make Apple cider vinegar.

I used to make honey mead, and truthfully it tasted better than most wines, so I might have to review that process. As I remember it, that was pretty simple too.
      "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

No but I've been thinking about it lately. A neighbor of my Grandfathers made dandelion and blackberry wines, both were excellent. I have those recipes around here somewhere...
        Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

Originally posted by longhunter View Post
          No but I've been thinking about it lately. A neighbor of my Grandfathers made dandelion and blackberry wines, both were excellent. I have those recipes around here somewhere...
          I would like to see them if you can find them..
          "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
          -Ben Franklin

Comment

My oldest son has been playin with making beer. So far I still prefer a cold Bud Light. Probably be a great skill to have Hoping he gets his process perfected.
            You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

I would love to have those recipes, also

Comment

Originally posted by coxmw View Post
                I would like to see them if you can find them..
                In the process of moving and keeping an eye out for them. I did come across a box in the garage this morning that the mice got into. Hope they didn't meet that fate...My aunt may have them too so will check with her.
                Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

Making drinkable beer is much harder then making wine.

Comment

snake35,
                    Long line of moonshiners. Figure I'll stick with a skillset I learned early. Remember grandpa being able to mix a litttle moter oil into his shine and run an old lawn mower. Found out much latter in life that its more difficult than I thought to make ethanol that pure. Building an emergency still now, permit to follow.

Dale

Comment

Dale I am interested in following along with your ethanol project. Just started a carbol full of cherry homebrew. I have high hopes for this batch.

Comment

I used to make my owne wine years ago, I came out pretty good...

I`ll drink to that...
                        "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Alcohol makes the Top 16 list of items they are currently bartering in Greece. See Skyowl's Wife's post. It also made the list (first time I had heard of it) during the Bosnian Civil War. We don't home brew, but we do stockpile booze for bartering.
                          The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
                          X