Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan101
    replied
    I have heard of saving pennies for the copper value, but what is the value of a nickel? I save all of my coins, and when the bank is full I roll them and take to the bank.

I have not separated Pre-1982 pennies or nickels, but can easily separate since I am doing the sorting. Is this something you have to do on-line, or are there retail outlets that will give you the higher value?

Leave a comment:

• coxmw
    replied
    Yes I have one of the 5gal water cooler jugs just over 1/2 full with penny's and nickels. My quarters and stuff I put in the safe.

Leave a comment:

• rabunmom
    replied
    Thanks for the info snake35, I did not know this about pennies we have a buck full and we save coins and roll then and take them to the bank when we need extra cash.

Leave a comment:

• Applejack
    replied
    I have quit a few nickles and pennies. I have a sept. bag full of wheat pennies.
    AJ

Leave a comment:

• Chefsimms
    replied
    I save just about all the coins I get, I keep the old one in a differnt place but I keep all coins

Leave a comment:

• countryboy6685
    replied
    Yes we save them also save nickles too .
    Robert W

Leave a comment:

• Bullet-Caster
    replied
    I metal detect. Most of the old copper I find is green. But the silver and gold gets sold

Leave a comment:

• snake35
    replied
    I have slowed down from saving nickels, should start back up

Leave a comment:

• Redneckwop
    replied
    Yeah I have been saving them since I heard this too. I don't know if anything will come from it, but i would rather have them then not. I also save my nickels for the same reason.

Leave a comment:

• snake35
    started a topic copper cents

copper cents

Does anyone else save pre-1982 95% copper cents? Coinflation.com list the bullion value at 0.025. Even thouhgh they are currently illegal to melt that ban may be lifted like pre-1964 silver coinage. I save them because I only pay face value, I see them selling on ebay at a premium.
Working...
X