copper cents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copper cents

Does anyone else save pre-1982 95% copper cents? Coinflation.com list the bullion value at 0.025. Even thouhgh they are currently illegal to melt that ban may be lifted like pre-1964 silver coinage. I save them because I only pay face value, I see them selling on ebay at a premium.

Yeah I have been saving them since I heard this too. I don't know if anything will come from it, but i would rather have them then not. I also save my nickels for the same reason.

Comment

I have slowed down from saving nickels, should start back up

Comment

I metal detect. Most of the old copper I find is green. But the silver and gold gets sold

Comment

Yes we save them also save nickles too .
          Robert W
          Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I save just about all the coins I get, I keep the old one in a differnt place but I keep all coins
            "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have quit a few nickles and pennies. I have a sept. bag full of wheat pennies.
              AJ

Comment

Thanks for the info snake35, I did not know this about pennies we have a buck full and we save coins and roll then and take them to the bank when we need extra cash.

Comment

Yes I have one of the 5gal water cooler jugs just over 1/2 full with penny's and nickels. My quarters and stuff I put in the safe.
                  "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
                  -Ben Franklin

Comment

I have heard of saving pennies for the copper value, but what is the value of a nickel? I save all of my coins, and when the bank is full I roll them and take to the bank.

I have not separated Pre-1982 pennies or nickels, but can easily separate since I am doing the sorting. Is this something you have to do on-line, or are there retail outlets that will give you the higher value?
                    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X