Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just thought I would share this, its a poem. dont laugh just read LOL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up in Memphis back in the 50's & 60's, & my brother with friends use to head for the Nonconnoh river bottoms to shoot frogs, snakes, turtles, etc. early Sat. mornings, & especially during the Summer. My trusted Daisy or Crossman was always with me. We would sometimes carry my Mom's old iron skillet & cook hamburgers on the river bottom.(when it was dry) The rocks always helped to cook our meat. Things like eating dirt, drinking out of the neighbors garden hose, & even going to the river when it was frozen over ,never hurt me. Some kids nowadays are too darn lazy & spend too much time with technology. My late Dad use to tell me "Get outside! its good for you." Sure miss my Dad & the good ole days.

Comment

Originally posted by nakadnu View Post
      I grew up up in small ND town .... Me I got the ND sewer lagoon immune system boost.
      We lived in the slums of west Los Angeles when I was a young boy. We occupied an apartment in a building that had some broken plumbing; the smell was overwhelming most days.

One bright sunny day, my sister was being a pest and I tossed her jump rope into the "swamp" within the crawl space. She of course ran crying to my mother who insisted I retrieve it. Both my sister and I told her of the conditions inside the crawl space .... that why sis was crying. But Ma insisted, so I climbed in and floundered about in the sewage till I found the rope.

I crawled back out and covered head to toe in crap went up to the apartment to return the rope. My mother immediately began heaving and puking .... it was hilarious (ya had to be there), I LMAO. When she recovered, she came outside and hosed me down real well .... I too am near invincible .... if it weren't for gravity and law enforcement.

O.W.
      Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

All of this nostalgia has me thinking,( I think I need a couple of aspirin), You people remember the old "Toys R Us commercial where it says, " I may grow old but I refuse to grow up"?
        Well that is the sort of way that I still live my life. Granted I take things very seriously when needed, but try and have fun everyday and make someone laugh in the process.
        If more people laughed, less would fight!

Comment

I remember playing football on the grass road we lived on, I was the smallest at the time, but the boys I ran with never went soft on me, so when kids from down the street wanted in our game one day, they started runnning off at the mouth about returning the kickoff to the left side because that's where the shrimp was.
          I was so angry I was almost in tears, but my best buddy leaned towards me and whispered "just hit him as hard as you always hit me and he will shut up."
          I don't remember much of the impact, but I remember other boy's broken collerbone and the legend it started.
          Oh and the trouble I was in when his mom called my mom. Funny, my dad was supposed to discipline me when he got home, (something he never had to be encouraged to do really...) but this one time, he took me out back, asked what happened, asked which boy it was and didn't say anything. just told me to go inside. I think he wasn't sure it was my fault since the other kid was so much bigger.
          "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Wow that was an awesome read.. It felt like you grew up in my house.. Everything you said was so true. Its a shame that parents can't even discipline there children anymore. You tell a child to go out and play today and they look at you like you've just lost your mind completely.. choirs for get about it..

We really do live in a different time.. and its a shame.. So many of the old family values have been lost

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by mmblue View Post
              .... Its a shame that parents can't even discipline there children anymore....

Thank you
              The govmnt is the reason for this .... a generation or two have the mindset much like the lad down in Fla who was shot dead for being a punk .... there have always been punks but it seems to have become a desirable trait.

O.W.
              Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Oh the memeries of those days. And to thank that the 80's 90's on up will be our future presidents and congress men and women. We are so messed up.

Comment

Working...
                X