• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
    Rusty:

Oregon St., right? They all look alike to me. JK Googled the name on the sign.

Looking forward to getting back out there and maybe getting to meet you. Maybe I'll bring a few can stoves with me. Wonder what the airline will think of them?
    Yep. Oregon st. Nobody really looks foreword to visiting Odessa for the scenery, but you make it here and I will buy lunch or dinner and maybe a Guiness or 2.

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Beautiful pics Red. We get more ice storms here than snow. Nature's way of pruning I figure. We're about due for one here in Upstate SC. Been some doozies in January.

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Rusty:

Oregon St., right? They all look alike to me. JK Googled the name on the sign.

Looking forward to getting back out there and maybe getting to meet you. Maybe I'll bring a few can stoves with me. Wonder what the airline will think of them?

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    woo the dust storm could pla havoc on your eyes.. ouch.

and red that first pic u posted up is awesome, simply gorgeous
    Thanks Diesel,

That's my back yard the morning after the ice storm of 12-12-08 I am going to have a bunch of clean up to do! If any of you have never experienced a major ice storm it is a awe inspiring and somewhat scary thing. All night the night before that picture was taken you could hear the trees snapping ... not little trees... I'm talking big oaks and maple 12 inch diameter and bigger bending and snapping. It sounds like a rifle shot followed by a crystal chandelier smashing on a marble floor. And it just keeps happening... for hours... sometimes days ( I went through one back in '98 that had trees breaking for more than three days) Anyway, I just thought the pictures would juxtapose nicely with Rusty's dusty ones.

Glad you like the picture

Rick in NH

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    woo the dust storm could pla havoc on your eyes.. ouch.

and red that first pic u posted up is awesome, simply gorgeous

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    NH Ice Storm

Just thought I'd show you what we get up this way. By the way... I was in El PAso for a year and a half so I know what the dust storms are like and what they do to a paint job!

hopefully I can figure out how to post pictures here for you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Zombie Axe
    replied
    Kinda pretty RS:) Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    started a topic West Texas Dust Storm

West Texas Dust Storm

Thought I would share a couple of photos I snapped today of a typical West Texas dust storm. Very limited visibility. 50+ mph winds. Lovely!!!

Working...
X