No announcement yet.

Bald Eagle Birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most welcome! They are three fuzzy ugly ducklings at the moment, can't wait to see how they get their magnificent plumage. Supposedly they won't fledge until around the first of June.

It is addictive, I have two monitors and one of them has the eagles up if I'm at the computer.
    "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Cold and Wet!!!
      48 degrees and rainy... Not a fun day in the nest.

That's one mangy looking momma bird today. Don't tell her I said that.:o
      slowz1k
      Veteran Member
      Last edited by slowz1k; 04-26-2011, 11:38 AM.
      The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Now that was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

There are people out there who should take parenting lessons from those eagles and I'm serious about that!

Comment

Most welcome!

They have the plumage at the end of their wings, now, they are clumsy and get tangled up at times trying to fold them. They have little white fuzz bumps where the feathers will come in.

They are amazing!
          "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

I had to run one of our dogs to the Vet. today. It's just down the road, but I broke my #1 RULE...ALWAYS TAKE THE CAMERA! I missed the perfect shot of a Bald Eagle feeding on a carcass about 20 yards of the dirt road. I stopped to look and it stayed put. Imagine that! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comment

I was TDY to Seattle a couple of years ago and had an afternoon free, so headed down to see Mount Saint Helens. Driving down the freeway toward Olympia, there was one flying about 30 feet up right over the road, followed him/her for about a mile. Was absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Babies are getting very big!

Just saw both Mom and Dad bring food, leave it and fly away. Babies are eating it themselves, now. Also starting to exercise their wings. There heads aren't white, yet, though!

Comment

It's raining on the eagles this AM. Watching the drops bead and run off of one.

They are getting SO big! They stretch their wings and the span is already large.

Comment

that is the coolest live steam I've seen
                    1371 and a honey bun -- BOOM!

Comment

Isn't it, though?! They are almost as big as their parents but their heads are still fully black.

Yesterday, one of them was flapping his already-huge wings and jumping up and down. Like he was testing his lift.

Comment

Babies are as big as their parents, now. Heads still black.

The wing flapping and jumping goes on a lot.

Haven't seen Mom and Dad feed them for a couple of weeks now, they just drop the groceries and fly away. I can see a bone laying in the nest, they haven't thrown it out yet.

They look so clumsy with their big orange feet!

They are officially on "fledge watch", the people at Raptor Resource expect them to start taking off any time.

Comment

*BUMP*

bumping this one back to the top because they are back!!

3 new eggs in the nest, first laid on Feb 17th.

Comment

I was watching when she laid number 2 this year. After laying, she sat kind of hunched over them. Her body language said, "Now, why'n'ell did I do THAT?"

This is their 5th year together.

Comment

About 20 days to first hatch this year!

Comment

All three eggs made it to eaglets again this year.

First one has "branched" - yesterday. He's close to the nest sitting on branches.

They'll all fledge within the next week and I'll have to wait until February for more eagle activity.

They are wonderful!

Comment

Working...
                                X