Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A foolish thing came back and bit me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A foolish thing came back and bit me!

    I got a call last week from the sheriff's office, letting me know that my handgun permits were ready for pickup. I finally got the time to run up there today, and I step up to the bullet proof glass at the magistrate's ID office and rang the buzzer once. I noticed that there was a lady sitting inside the office, be she didn't look like she worked there. Soon...here comes the female officer. I tell her who I am, and what I'm after, and she sifts thru the files to find my permits. Places the paperwork up on the counter (behind the glass that only has a pass-thru tilting drawer...no little speaker or hole to communicate thru)...she peels back the top paper and I see a sticky note on the second page. I try to twist my head to read the note when she says something that I simply couldn't hear. She obviously knew that i didn't hear her, and steps toward the door to come to my side of the glass and says...
    "You need to make a correction on your application before I can release the permits...change your answer on question 2 to "yes"...and initial the change"
    I look at question 2 and it reads..."Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a traffic violation"...I had checked "NO"...and she was asking me to check "YES"! I told her that I had never been convicted of any crime...and that I would not make the change!
    She confirmed my full name and address, and I acknowledged...then she says...."Were you or were you not given a citation in March of 1989 for trout fishing during closed season?...and did you choose to pay the fine uncontested?...thus admitting guilt".....MY jaw dropped!
    It was one of those damned fool things that I did ONCE because I was to impatient to wait 2 hours for the sun to rise, which would have officially opened the season. I was in the middle of nowhere, 6" of snow on the ground, no other tracks, and the ranger was hiding in the woods!
    I finally said...You've got to be kidding me!...then the officer, and the lady still behind the glass...just doubled up laughing!...but I DID have to change my answer!
    I told here that this didn't come up the last time I got 10 permits (3-4 years ago) and she said that we probably didn't have the same sheriff then.
    I still had one of my previous permits left in the truck...and it had been signed by the same sheriff.

  • #2
    Wow! That's kind of scary.
    JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by snal View Post
      It was one of those damned fool things that I did ONCE because I was to impatient to wait 2 hours for the sun to rise, which would have officially opened the season. I was in the middle of nowhere, 6" of snow on the ground, no other tracks, and the ranger was hiding in the woods!
      .
      Common now Snal,you went to the middle of nowhere...in the snow... looking for tracks...ONCE??? ;)......Got caught once.....right???;)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sd allen View Post
        Common now Snal,you went to the middle of nowhere...in the snow... looking for tracks...ONCE??? ;)......Got caught once.....right???;)
        That's my story...and I'm sticking to it! :)

        Comment


        • #5
          Did you get to keep your fish??

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by snal View Post
            That's my story...and I'm sticking to it! :)

            I got a ticket for, and I quote "fishing too close to a spillway". WTF!!!!!!! What a bunch of BS. Cost me $200.00. I could have raped a chicken in a Walmart Parking lot and only got a ticket for an act of Moral Turpetude. Only a $75.00 fine. The lesson?

            Instead of going fishing, scope out the local chicken coop for a hot "chick". Its cheaper.

            Comment


            • #7
              dam crooked ass hoodlum goodjob i picked up a deer in tn i hit and got a ticket
              the pack that plays together stays together

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                I got a ticket for, and I quote "fishing too close to a spillway". WTF!!!!!!! What a bunch of BS. Cost me $200.00. I could have raped a chicken in a Walmart Parking lot and only got a ticket for an act of Moral Turpetude. Only a $75.00 fine. The lesson?

                Instead of going fishing, scope out the local chicken coop for a hot "chick". Its cheaper.
                You aint right.......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by prkchp76 View Post
                  dam crooked ass hoodlum goodjob i picked up a deer in tn i hit and got a ticket
                  Did you hit it once.:D..or did you have to take another shot!!!:eek:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sd allen View Post
                    Did you hit it once.:D..or did you have to take another shot!!!:eek:
                    Are you referring to porkchop's deer or Rusty's chicken??? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sd allen View Post
                      Did you get to keep your fish??
                      I didn't have one, thank goodness. He was on me as soon as my line hit the water.
                      Each fish would have been worth $200.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                        Are you referring to porkchop's deer or Rusty's chicken??? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Dang, you aint right neither.Thats some funny chit!!!:D

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by snal View Post
                          I didn't have one, thank goodness. He was on me as soon as my line hit the water.
                          Each fish would have been worth $200.
                          I got busted fishing a stream managed by a club.We had a 48qt. cooler FULL.One of the guys from the club came and got our ID's.He also said he'd have to take the fish.I just put a bag of ice on them but one in the top was still flopping around so he heard it.He had no athority to search us but mentioned something about calling the SD.I gave him 1 flopping fish after he assured me it wouldn't be wasted. It cost me $50 for that cooler FULL of fat rainbows!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My eight year old son caught a mud cat (catfish) in a local park pond and he wanted to keep it so that he could show his mom. The local female game warden just happened to be driving by. She stopped and measured it and said it was under the legal length. I got a ticket for $175.00 the fish was alive in a bucket and I offered to put it back in the pond but she said she had to keep it, so she put the fish in a bag wrote me a ticket and went on to harass somebody else. Oh and by the way we did have our fishing license and up to that time supported our local game and fish dept.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Whenever I write my checks for fishing license, I make them out to "The Imperial Wildlife Division of the Socialist State of Arkansas"....by the time they notice, it's already stamped and I have my license....transaction complete and non-negotiable.

                              Gotta buy my license in a different place every year, though...it's worth it.:D
                              "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                              "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X