Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s&w pride
    replied
    anytime your going threw that just pick up your favorite firearm and find a place to unload a few rounds in my exp it works everytime

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by Loshali View Post
    I can get that particular song out of your head real quick, Rusty... ready???

ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka ooga chaka
    Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii............. iiiiiiii.iiiiii..... iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... i'm hooked on a feelinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn................ ..................

:D

(if you were born after 1970, you just wouldnt understand this post.... :p )
    Nope 1967. However, this is even more addictive to me then The Lion Sleeps Tonight, and the Theme to Sanford and Son. I do not know why!!!

Leave a comment:

• Loshali
    replied
    Song in the air

I can get that particular song out of your head real quick, Rusty... ready???

ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka ooga chaka
    Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii............. iiiiiiii.iiiiii..... iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... i'm hooked on a feelinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn................ ..................

(if you were born after 1970, you just wouldnt understand this post.... :p )

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by TheUnboundOne View Post
    Rusty,

Coldplay is a British boy-band, so they could just as easily be singing about the British Empire as well. They're sure ones to talk about the American Empire.

:)

Heck, maybe some lounge band in Dubai will be singing this song 50 years from now. One would hope, I would say.

Try not to let it bother you too much. There's a shuffle of millions of other songs out there, with thousands more coming all the time. And if you still keep hearing that same message in all of the songs, cut back on the sauce, get out the multi-tool at your nearest bamboo cane break, carve up a recorder, and make your own music.

And remember: You are among friends. Any nationwide or global rottenness you may experience is being endured by all of us.
    Yeah, but that song is friggin amazing. Pure poetry.

Leave a comment:

• TheUnboundOne
    replied
    Rusty,

Coldplay is a British boy-band, so they could just as easily be singing about the British Empire as well. They're sure ones to talk about the American Empire.

:)

Heck, maybe some lounge band in Dubai will be singing this song 50 years from now. One would hope, I would say.

Try not to let it bother you too much. There's a shuffle of millions of other songs out there, with thousands more coming all the time. And if you still keep hearing that same message in all of the songs, cut back on the sauce, get out the multi-tool at your nearest bamboo cane break, carve up a recorder, and make your own music.

And remember: You are among friends. Any nationwide or global rottenness you may experience is being endured by all of us.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by snal View Post
    Perhaps the puking is a cleansing process. I find this behavior often when I deal with adults who have experienced a childhood where classical music was dominent.

Yeah. Country music is such an intellectual class of music.

Richard Wagner vs. The Dixie Chicks.
    Bethoven vs. Rascal Flats

I can see the comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by Visinedrops View Post
    I believe that when a song's lyrics get stuck in your head, it is a subconscious relationship to something you've been thinking about consciously...you just have to figure out what it means to you before the song will go away.

So, I need to figure a way to rule the world, then fall from grace. Great. Like I do not have enough things to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• Visinedrops
    replied
    I believe that when a song's lyrics get stuck in your head, it is a subconscious relationship to something you've been thinking about consciously...you just have to figure out what it means to you before the song will go away.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    My kiddo says that this song is about the fall of America. Makes sense to me. If you look at the words, and apply it to the downfall of America, it makes sense.

I used to rule the world
    Seas would rise when I gave the word
    Now in the morning I sleep alone
    Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
    Feel the fear in my enemies eyes
    Listen as the crowd would sing:
    "Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key
    Next the walls were closed on me
    And I discovered that my castles stand
    Upon pillars of salt, and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
    Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
    Be my mirror, my sword, and shield
    My missionaries in a foreign field
    For some reason I can’t explain
    Once you’d gone it was never, never an honest word
    That was when I ruled the world

It was the wicked and wild wind
    Blew down the doors to let me in.
    Shattered windows and the sound of drums
    People couldn’t believe what I'd become

Revolutionaries Wait
    For my head on a silver plate
    Just a puppet on a lonely string
    Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
    I know Saint Peter won't call my name
    Never an honest word
    But that was when I ruled the world

Hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
    I know Saint Peter won’t call my name
    Never an honest word
    But that was when I ruled the world

Leave a comment:

• snal
    replied
    Perhaps the puking is a cleansing process. I find this behavior often when I deal with adults who have experienced a childhood where classical music was dominent.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    I played your link backwards...it said to listen to James McMurtry.

I listened to McMurty. Nothing like some weird 60's throw up hippy singing protest songs with a country beat. I puked twice and listened to

http://www.imeem.com/freddy08/music/...led_the_world/

3 more times.

Leave a comment:

• snal
    replied
    I played your link backwards...it said to listen to James McMurtry.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    Guaranteed weight loss for me because I would puke. I am a classical music buff. Country music makes my spleen hurt.

You listen to this one!!

I have 47 times tonight. I friggin need help, and the Guiness is not doing it.

Make that 52 times now. There is some kind of weird spiritual message that eludes me!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    I give up...you need a pro :D

(just listen to it!)

Guaranteed weight loss for me because I would puke. I am a classical music buff. Country music makes my spleen hurt.

You listen to this one!!

I have 47 times tonight. I friggin need help, and the Guiness is not doing it.

Leave a comment:

• snal
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    Country Music makes me want to puke!!!! I friggin hate it.
    I give up...you need a pro :D

(just listen to it!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X