Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversation that makes you shake your head sadly...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Conversation that makes you shake your head sadly...

    Coworker: So ya watching American Idol tonight?
    Me: No, I dont have cable
    Cw: Oh I dont have cable either, I have satellite
    Me: I dont have satellite either.
    Cw: Well how do you watch tv? (waits eagerly for info on new media viewing system)
    Me: I dont watch tv.
    Cw: Huh?
    Me: I dont watch tv.
    Cw: You dont watch tv?
    Me: No.
    Cw: (calls over coworker) Hey Joe, she says she doesnt watch tv.
    Cw2: Huh?
    Me: I dont watch tv.
    Cw: Why dont you watch tv?
    Me: I dont like watching tv.
    Cw2: You dont like watching tv???
    Me: No.
    Cw: Then what do you do?
    Me: I read, I sew a lot, work on projects around the house, cook from scratch and not from a box, I garden, 'put up' what I grow, working on a dehydrator to dry food, listen to music, practice my fiddle every day, research and study blueprintes to build my log cabin myself, work on renaissance costumes for the festivals this year, needlepoint, paint, walk every day, and a few other things.
    Cw: (Looking at Cw2 with a puzzled look) Man, without TV I'd be bored out of my mind........
    Classic Southern defense: "But your Honor, he just NEEDED killin!

  • #2
    And that's how you make a sheep......:(
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

    Comment


    • #3
      I can't say I don't watch TV,but I don't do it alot.That is for extended periods.A bunch of people acting like someone else doesn't make much since to me...And then you have reality shows.....How can anyone be for real with a camera in their face...The biggest loser,,,,,,,,, is sitting on the couch watching The Biggest Loser for 2hrs. on Friday night.Stay tuned for preveiws of next weeks
      show.Don't you think we ALL need an American Idol????

      Comment


      • #4
        I love TV........... Sprout is my favorite channel. There is nothing better for grabbing the attention of an 18 month old little girl than Elmo. I always said I would never throw my child down in front of the TV for a baby sitter, but I never thought about what I could do when it is freezing out side and dark. During good weather, you can have the TV, but right now it is my favorite Friend.:D
        ~Lyon~

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
          I love TV........... Sprout is my favorite channel. There is nothing better for grabbing the attention of an 18 month old little girl than Elmo. I always said I would never throw my child down in front of the TV for a baby sitter, but I never thought about what I could do when it is freezing out side and dark. During good weather, you can have the TV, but right now it is my favorite Friend.:D
          I watch all the "How It's Made", "Mythbusters", and whatever else I can learn on the Discovery networks I can squeeze in.....even heard that the network might be working a book or magazine series on the "How It's Made" program......
          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

          "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

          Comment


          • #6
            I wish I could get my wife away from the TV.
            It's on from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed, even if she is not watching it.

            We had a blow-out on vacation over Thanksgiving,
            I rented a beautiful cabin up in the mtn's of Tn.
            Beautiful view, hot tub, fireplace... she turns on the tv!!!

            I overreacted... but still, we could have stayed at home and watched TV. :mad:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TLM View Post
              I wish I could get my wife away from the TV.
              It's on from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed, even if she is not watching it.

              We had a blow-out on vacation over Thanksgiving,
              I rented a beautiful cabin up in the mtn's of Tn.
              Beautiful view, hot tub, fireplace... she turns on the tv!!!

              I overreacted... but still, we could have stayed at home and watched TV. :mad:
              More addicitve than crack!
              Lucky for me that I love Beer. I enjoy beer much more when i am outside, so that is my get away from the TV.
              Buy your wife a case of beer and lock her out of the house and see if it works!
              ~Lyon~

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
                More addicitve than crack!
                Lucky for me that I love Beer. I enjoy beer much more when i am outside, so that is my get away from the TV.
                Buy your wife a case of beer and lock her out of the house and see if it works!
                LMAO!!!! You're gonna get him in trouble with SWMBO!!!!!
                "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                  LMAO!!!! You're gonna get him in trouble with SWMBO!!!!!
                  As long as I get a laugh out of it, it will be worth it.
                  ~Lyon~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Speaking of the Scorned-Wifey-Chuckle....


                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ZXJkO6L_A
                    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                      Speaking of the Scorned-Wifey-Chuckle....


                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ZXJkO6L_A
                      Already saw that one, but always love seeing it again.
                      ~Lyon~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
                        Already saw that one, but always love seeing it again.

                        I like this one too!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA&NR=1
                        ~Lyon~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
                          If you liked that, you'll love this one....the ol' grizzly guy at the end is the only one who actually pulls it off with any dignity...:D

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlFlX...eature=related
                          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                          "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                            If you liked that, you'll love this one....the ol' grizzly guy at the end is the only one who actually pulls it off with any dignity...:D

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlFlX...eature=related
                            Good one, but we have Hi-Jacked this thread with video clips that have nothing to do with the subject....Sorry
                            ~Lyon~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
                              Good one, but we have Hi-Jacked this thread with video clips that have nothing to do with the subject....Sorry
                              Eh...it's the misc. and humor forum.....no big deal.....this stuff is definitely misc. and humorous....
                              "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                              "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X