No announcement yet.

You Might Be A Survivalist If:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you might be a prepper if you've never met your best friends for fear of exsposing your location's
    the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

...if you are inventorying your stuff after FINALLY organizing it and find out you have canned over 100 jars of green beans. :p

And that doesn't count the ones you froze or dehydrated.
      "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

You have a 5 gallon bucket for dryer lint in your laundry room.
        The wife has to search through your sock drawer,move the S&W and a box of ammo to find a knife big enough to carve the Thanksgiving turkey.
        SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

Comment

Originally posted by forever_frost View Post
          I love it. The last time one of the neighbor's cattle was bothering me with all the mooing at night, I walked outside and smiled and said "Soon hamburger. Soon."
          About a week ago, my dog was barking about 8pm and upon going outside with a "welcome stick" in my hand I saw an approx. 300 lb bull in my front yard that had broken through the fence of my neighbors pasture at the bottom of my hill.
          I called my neighbor and told him of the situation and was informed " Don't mess with him, he will charge you."
          I informed the neighbor that I had not sighted in my rifle in awhile and if charged, I would have all the meat I needed for a considerable time.
          He came out at 9 pm and got his bull off my property and was out the very next day to repair his fencing,LOL!
          Needless to say, I am not on my neighbor's Christmas list!

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalyptic_Sojourner View Post
            I saw on the History Channel or A&E, one of those End-of-the-World shows, and old boy was actually purifying water out of a car's radiator. Definitely a last resort, but I guess you can do it, and there won't be any shortage of derelict cars.
            Now I am not expert,( Boy is that an understatement!) But I believe that I have read that no matter how much you filter water from a radiator it can never get the anti-freeze out to make it drinkable. I imagine that it could be used to water plants ect but can it be made drinkable for humans??
            Last edited by tbkbtk123; 11-06-2010, 01:26 PM. Reason: Mispelled words

Comment

Originally posted by tbkbtk123 View Post
              Now I am not expert,( Boy is that an understatement!) But I believe that I have read that no matter how much you filter water from a radiator it can never get the anti-freeze out to make it drinkable. I imagine that it could be used to water plants ect but can it be made drinkable for humans??
              And you would never freeze to death:-O
              He who lives with the most toys, wins.

Comment

Originally posted by monet861 View Post
                And you would never freeze to death:-O
                Of course, your liver would fall out, but no biggie....:D
                "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

... You have 2-275 gallon drums of water in your basment that you have covered not only to protect from sunlight.... but to prevent guests from remembering you have that much water on hand when TSHTF.

.... You look at every penny you come across, even the ones on the sidewalk, searching for any made before 1982 because copper is a wonderful antimicrobial agent and helps to keep algae, bacteria, and mold from growing in your water tanks/rain barrels.

Comment

it truly depends on the cars the gycolene will but here in the south some people dont use anitfreeze if your car doesnt have it then you can use it sorta i think maybe
                    the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

This was great! I did pick up some usefull info, as well as realized we must be on the right path, cause we do a LOT of those things!! Good feeling... Thanks for posting!
                      If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

If you launch your 4th of july fire works with a 37mm grenade launcher and it doesent seem weird to you you might be a prepper
                        NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

LMAO

We do lots of things that don't seem weird. Like when camping, put a lawn chair in the back of the pickup with the storage tank when we do a water run so Grampa can enjoy the ride and view.

Or hit Wal-Mart for 3 lb packages of bacon ends and bits and 4 flats of half-pint jars so we can put up smaller portions of bacon to throw in smaller pots of beans.
                          Last edited by Skyowl's Wife; 05-12-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

or if you own anything sholder launched for receration you might be a survivalist

Comment

You might be a survivalist if your laying in the hospital recovery unit eyeing up all the wonderful medical supplies you could sneak out when you leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Snow Walker View Post
                                You might be a survivalist if your laying in the hospital recovery unit eyeing up all the wonderful medical supplies you could sneak out when you leave.
                                Thank god some one else finally said it I thought I was the only one who does that man it feels good to hear it from someone else

Comment

Working...
                                X