No announcement yet.

Buggy's Next Adventure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! I'll even say it backwards. WOW. Great setup you have there.

Comment

The place looks beautiful, Buggy. Hope it all works out.
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

I drove out to the property again on Saturday. I parked on the road got out and took everything again in. The place reminds me of Alaska in a lot of ways: Totally wilderness, not just "country". Maybe the lack of people, lay of the land? Not sure. It's my jam, that I can tell you!

I should have gotten a photo of the gate. It's heavy duty, automatic with a sign that reads: "Can you outrun German Sheppards?" or some such. Probably a quarter mile to the "house" and another quarter to the shop/barn.

I don't suppose the crackhead population thrives out there. Too far from civilization. HOWEVER, I wouldn't put it past some gimped out person to be walking down the road 70 miles in! LOL!

-Buggy
        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

I loved the place. I really did.

Unfortunately, it was right next to a potential long term mining operation that not only would have taken a lot of the surrounding forest down, but day and night drilling, explosives, and heavy duty trucks.

Serious?

The sellers never mentioned anything about it. Thank the Lord for due diligence.

I moved on....

Flash forward almost a year and I have purchased a GREAT property! I won't get too far into the where, what and how, needless to say, it came together rightly with everything I wanted:

Forest, mountains, sea with plenty of garden space away from people! PERFECT.

I've never been an advocate of "bugging in", but enjoying castling up in my place!

Whew! What a long road.

-Buggy

Comment

I've never been a fan of "bugging in" or "bugging out." We aren't urban or suburban types; so. bugging in was out. Too many 4 legged critters and those that slither here to bug out. In addition, the blood sucking insects here are both numerous and nasty.
            There are 2 year round springs on the property.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper1.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	221750 Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabin1.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	221751

We started with a Rockwood 29'-6" camper and next was a cabin. Finally, we added an over 1000 sq-ft addition. As the various map sites are 3 years out of date; no pictures of the addition.
            No neighbors within 3/4 of a mile and the nearest town is 21 miles. There is a lake with fish and a trout stream nearby.

Buggy, it is a damn shame about this site and its lack of activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tugaloo View Post
              Buggy, it is a damn shame about this site and its lack of activity.
              Yeah! People come and they go. We did have a heyday here, 2010ish. Lots of lurkers now. There was a core group here, some of them pop in every now and again.

Sad!

-Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post

Yeah! People come and they go. We did have a heyday here, 2010ish. Lots of lurkers now. There was a core group here, some of them pop in every now and again.

Sad!

-Buggy
                I've noticed the lots of lurkers. If they have a question, join and ask it. Many of them will be a value added either by their knowledge or their questions. It's sad.
                There is a tremendous library of information here once one goes past registror. ;)

Comment

I like it!!!

Comment

Sad!

-Buggy
                    I stop in once in a while. But it just does "Not" offer what I need/desire in a forum. All the forums "Suck" now. Buggyout' glad to hear you found a place.
                    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Sad!

-Buggy

To everything there is a season. Some of us reached out and never heard back.

Back into my bunker.

Comment

Working...
                      X