Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buggy's Next Adventure!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Buggy's Next Adventure!

    Life. Crazy sometimes. How it changes. After my house burnt down in a wildfire (whew) almost a few years ago I went down another dark terrible road. Wife left, lost my constant companion dog, got sick, not to mention losing almost everything else. I had gone back on the road full time in an RV. That lasted about six or seven months. I was so beat up, I moved back to where I grew up, I have to be honest with you all, I moved back to die. Washington, the western part. Wow. After nearly 30 years it changed. A lot! The people. The traffic. My mountains hadn't changed, thank the Lord. Everything else did.

    I didn't die. Obviously. Someone pulled me out of that place. (Again) Life started getting better.

    I'll be putting in an offer for a dream soon. 40 Acre homestead in the middle of nowhere. It's on the Washington/Idaho border far from any people, traffic, city. You can see the pictures down below. I'm going to garden, raise some cows, write and be one with the silence.

    I got my eye on a cowgirl too.

    I'll keep you all posted on this.

    -Buggy
    Last edited by Buggyout; 02-27-2020, 08:50 AM.
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

  • #2
    The property is surrounded by forest land. Click image for larger version

Name:	Ranch Google Earth.png
Views:	154
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	219311
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
      Life. Crazy sometimes. How it changes. After my house burnt down in a wildfire (whew) almost a few years ago I went down another dark terrible road. Wife left, lost my constant companion dog, got sick, not to mention losing almost everything else. I had gone back on the road full time in an RV. That lasted about six or seven months. I was so beat up, I moved back to where I grew up, I have to be honest with you all, I moved back to die. Washington, the western part. Wow. After nearly 30 years it changed. A lot! The people. The traffic. My mountains hadn't changed, thank the Lord. Everything else did.

      I didn't die. Obviously. Someone pulled me out of that place. (Again) Life started getting better.

      I'll be putting in an offer for a dream soon. 40 Acre homestead in the middle of nowhere. It's on the Washington/Idaho border far from any people, traffic, city. You can see the pictures down below. I'm going to garden, raise some cows, write and be one with the silence.

      I got my eye on a cowgirl too.

      I'll keep you all posted on this.

      -Buggy
      That sounds amazing!! Congrats, glad you made it through the darkness
      WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

      The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Diesel View Post

        That sounds amazing!! Congrats, glad you made it through the darkness
        Thanks man! I hope I'm done with the majority of the crap life throws at you. This ranch is a dream, it's far away from general population and it'll give me the opportunity to live WITH the land, as apposed to OFF.
        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

        Comment


        • #5
          Buggy: I am so glad you are back. God knows you have earned your place in heaven with all you have been through. Our prayers were, and still are always with you. You have earned the right to have some peace and quiet. I hope the new place works out for you, and you continue to post. Really, really good to have you back.
          The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

          Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
            Buggy: I am so glad you are back. God knows you have earned your place in heaven with all you have been through. Our prayers were, and still are always with you. You have earned the right to have some peace and quiet. I hope the new place works out for you, and you continue to post. Really, really good to have you back.
            Hey Morg! Thank you so much, prayers are appreciated.The ranch looks good so far. If I don't get it, I'm at peace with it either way.

            It's good to see you.How have you guys been???

            -Buggy
            I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

            Comment


            • #7
              Good to see you all its been a while
              "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

              That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

              — Thomas Jefferson


              You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

              — Abraham Lincoln

              I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Comment


              • #8
                From the satellite photo it looks like a great spot. Set your self up and let the rest of the world go by. From what I have read that is a great area for preppers. Maybe James Wesley Rawles will be one of your neighbors.

                Should we call this "Buggy's Adventure in Homesteading"

                I think we are all doing well. Still prepping. Better prepared than last time. We have been through a couple of floods that got our attention. I guess the 500 year flood turned out to be a 23 year flood. Nothing life threatening, but we were stranded for a short while. Glad we were ready. Wife evacuated for a night for other reasons. You are the best example, but we experienced it some, your life can be upside down in a heartbeat. If you aren't prepared ahead of time you have no prayer.
                Last edited by Morgan101; 03-05-2020, 11:30 AM.
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

                Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Buggy......that looks like a wonderful survival chunk of real estate. I sure hope you become the owner. Good to hear you have a future to be looking forward to. How hot is the "Cowgirl"......???
                  One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Congratulations on securing the ranch property. Hopefully you can secure the lady. Or that you can each secure each other.
                    One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well Buggy, my prayers have been answered. The Lord has brought you home alive and rational. I would say sane but since I am considered a bit off on some topics by many I hesitate to judge sanity. Any way WELCOME !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
                        Well Buggy, my prayers have been answered. The Lord has brought you home alive and rational. I would say sane but since I am considered a bit off on some topics by many I hesitate to judge sanity. Any way WELCOME !
                        It's good to see you Gran! Thank you so much for all the prayers.

                        -Buggy
                        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          UPDATE:

                          I drove the six hours to see the property the last few days. It was a loooooong trip to get out there. My poor truck went from gray to mud yellow driving down the 30 miles of forest roads to get to the place. As you can see by the pictures, there is still a bunch of snow on the ground.

                          There have been a few hiccups in the buying process. The number one, being the VA and their rules and regulations for purchasing houses. The other is the property isn't anywhere near the price the seller is offering. He is asking for around $280K MORE than a reasonable offer.

                          I still love the place, don't get me wrong. I'm still going to pull the trigger and see what God does. :)

                          -Buggy
                          I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Best of luck, Buggy. We are all rooting and praying for you. Hope it all works out in your favor.
                            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

                            Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Buggy,

                              You and I are definitely twins in more ways than one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X