sustainable agriculture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sustainable agriculture

I know there is a special name for seeds that grow plants that yield seeds,is it heritage? Does anyone have experience with yields? I'm curious about all the standard garden vegetables. I know the hybrid vary. This is next level planning for me and it is suddenly summer in MN. Vinnie
    THE PERSON CONTROLLING YOUR FUTURE IS LOOKING AT YOU IN THE MIRROR - CARPE DIEM

You are right they are Heritage seeds. They are the seed the Big Mon. wants to wipe out. The tomatoes yield the best seeds. Most of the others do well also. I don't like hybrids don't know what the have done when they tweak them. I found a list once of genetically altered seeds. Personally we try to stay away from them. In a survival situation we may find we have to.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
      I know there is a special name for seeds that grow plants that yield seeds,is it heritage? Does anyone have experience with yields? I'm curious about all the standard garden vegetables. I know the hybrid vary. This is next level planning for me and it is suddenly summer in MN. Vinnie
      You will also find them called Heirloom seeds.

Comment

Thank you both! Vinnie
        THE PERSON CONTROLLING YOUR FUTURE IS LOOKING AT YOU IN THE MIRROR - CARPE DIEM

Comment

Get some heirloom seeds and start saving your own. rareseeds.com is a great source to start with.
          www.organicwheatproducts.com

Comment

southern exposer seed exchange is another good one
            NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Working...
            X