Heavy duty weed eater?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy duty weed eater?

I've had it with flimsy string commercial weed eater. Please give me your choices for tough, durable, gas-powered and/or electric weed eaters. Preferably ones that don't use the string system. I have blackberry vines and other tough stuff. Lightweight is a plus - I am 6' tall. I have blackberry vines and other tough things. Light weight is an advantage - I'm 6 'tall. Maybe I need one electrician for places where I have electricity and one for gas, which I do not like because they are heavier, but they also have many fences.
    Last edited by rubenson; 05-13-2019, 01:12 AM.

I'd recommend Stihl or Husqvarna. One of their larger heavy duty brush cutters for the bushes and things you mention. Maybe a Stihl Kombi where you can change the end out to various tools like trimmer to pole saw to cultivator, etc... both also have battery units if you want that but I think if you are cutting a lot of that heavy stuff the battery might not have the life you want. I do know Dewalt is also making lawn tools now, I think on their 60V system but I don't know what they have or the cost.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I have one of these: https://www.stihlusa.com/products/tr...trimmers/fs91/ I can use it all day with the shoulder straps on uneven terrain without a care in the world. It will work with string or a cutting head. With string, it will go through your average scrub oak less that 1/2" diameter and thistle with ease. It does bog down when the thistle is over 1 1/2" diameter. The fuel tank is just about the perfect size for corresponding to "water break" time. Two cons: 1. requires premium gas 2. the string guard is starting to fail....but I've used it for 6 hard years, so can't complain too much.

Comment

Working...
      X