corn on the cob.and still in the husk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corn on the cob.and still in the husk

I have 6 ears of corn.and their still in the husk.im gonna bake them in the oven.i know to wash them.then peel the husk back.but leave the husk connected. and wash some more.then add the butter and/or what ever.put the husk back in place.wrap in aluminum foil.and then place on a baking sheet.but yet.im not sure to what temp to preset the oven temp at.any suggestions?
    be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

If you have an outdoor grill use it! You need to pull back the leaves and expose the cob to remove the silk strands. Remove them all then place butter and salt/pepper on the cob; re-wrap the leaves and soak for 10 minutes in cold water,before putting on the grill. If using an oven 350 for 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
      If you have an outdoor grill use it! You need to pull back the leaves and expose the cob to remove the silk strands. Remove them all then place butter and salt/pepper on the cob; re-wrap the leaves and soak for 10 minutes in cold water,before putting on the grill. If using an oven 350 for 30 minutes.
      Yum. I with RICHFL. Grill best cause I like the smokey flavor but oven works as well. When I cook just one (for me) I use the microwave. Takes a few tries to get the right time for each individual micro wave oven but mine only takes 3 - 4 min for one large cob. Frozen corn in the husk takes 5 to 7 min depending on size and how done you like your sweet corn or roasting ears.

Comment

No grill here at this time.so i'll be using the oven.i thought it was better to soak.then add butter n all.
        be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

Stick it under the broiler if you only have an oven, make sure to turn it.

Cedar

Comment

way we always did roasting ears on the farm was to soak them in salt water for a few hours, rake some coals out of the fire and keep turning them as they'd brown, maybe 10-15 minutes or so depending on how hot the coals. then use tongs to put them on a baking sheet to cool a little bit. Then peel the husk back, butter, salt & pepper and enjoy. It steams righ in the husk and most of the silk pulls away with the husk.

Pretty sure you can do the same in the oven though you won't get the smoke and occasional char where it might have a hot spot burn thru the husk. Since you don't have a grill I'm with cedar on the broiler. Don't mess with all the peeling, buttering and foil wrapping you mentioned doing before cooking. Soak them for a few hours in some salt water and then they'll steam inside their own husk, almost like that's how the man upstairs designed them that way... since you're doing them in the over maybe trim off some of the loose silk and leaves, I'm guessing about 400 on the oven and turn them say every 5 minutes. At some point you'll just need to peel one back a bit to check some kernals and make sure when u pop them they're not milky. Thought you can eat it raw. My grand dad use to sometimes. If you do the broiler you might want to watch out as I don't know if it'd smoke up the house. If you do go that route, again keep rotating them so all sides get the heat.

Enjoy! I can't wait till fresh sweet corn shows up around here!!
            I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Working...
            X