Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• registror
    replied
    he just starves in almost every case. It's no big deal to go without food for a week at a time, which is pretty much all he does.

Leave a comment:

• dreamomeo007
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Huh View Post
    I love the show.

Same here, I also Love the show.....

Leave a comment:

• F150MSGT
    replied
    Thanks for the info Robie. I will keep my ears and eyes open for his new shows.

Thanks for the speedy response Morgan. I found the book through Amazon for dirt cheap. I can't wait to open it and start putting some of that stuff to use.

Leave a comment:

• Morgan101
    replied
    F150MSGT - If you can find it "Camping and Wilderness Survival Skills" by Paul Tarwell. I have had my copy for at least 15 years, so I don't know if it is still in print. It is the most comprehensive guide to the outdoors I have ever seen. I keep it with my BOB.

He goes through every skill and discipline in every type of climate and terrain. If you find it you will not be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• ROBIE
    replied
    In case you have not yet heard, Les is filming more episodes of Survivorman. They will be due out soon.

Robie

Leave a comment:

• F150MSGT
    replied
    Because of this thread I jumped on to Netflix to see if they had it. Behold, a treasure from Netflix!!(they usually suck in my opinion) I watched all three seasons they had one after the other over the course of a week. Very entertaining, very informative and education for the newbie prep per/survivalist learner, and next best thing to being outdoors is at least watching someone else being outside! Hope he keeps making more. Can anyone recommend a really good survivalist book? Something worth packing away in the BoB for reference if needed? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Redneckamerican5792
    replied
    Les is the best and show is his show. :D

Leave a comment:

• Morgan101
    replied
    I have been a big fan of Survivorman since the beginning. I like the fact that he films himself. He shows his failures as often as his successes, and is very candid about it: " well that didn't work, or this is really a lot harder than it looks. ". We take things for granted, and don't realize it may take an hour to start a fire. Traps, more often than not come up empty. Insects can be extremely problematic. He is always very candid about his situation, and has pulled the plug when he or his producers feel it is dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• my boy boris
    replied
    i love his show, the 1st episode i saw he was in the mojave or arizona (can't remember) and i was so amused with the fact that he did this long walk off shot, then showed him going all the way back to get his camera. he also has a show called beyond survival that aired on discovery last year i believe.

Leave a comment:

• myakka
    replied
    I was on a fire deployment to california and bought Les's book about survival at the airport. I kinda didnt expect much, just a commercial for his show. It was pretty good really. Some good info, but really readable. I give it 2to thumbs up :)

Leave a comment:

• BLK_TMBR
    replied
    Looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it down range.

Leave a comment:

• ROBIE
    replied
    Les is currently doing a new season of Survivorman, and this time he is staying out for 10 days!

He is still filming so it sould be later this year. Idont have a TV (thank God!) so I'll catch it on the interweb.

10 days at new locations... its going to be so cool!

Robie

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Huh
    replied
    Sorry, I should have mention the shows name.

Leave a comment:

• Oscar Wilde
    replied
    Originally posted by nakadnu View Post
    Wow I didn't even know we had a Survivor man thread.
    I hit the "New posts" button and didn't pay attention to the thread .... hey, in all the excitement, it happens.

O.W.

Leave a comment:

• nakadnu
    replied
    Wow I didn't even know we had a Survivorman thread. I guess I am not as omnipotent as I thought I was. I have the 2 season DVD set. I consider educational as well as entertaining. I also saw the episode last night for the umpteenth time. Good stuff. The thing I like best about his stuff is he makes "dumb" mistakes and then points them out to the viewer so you can learn from his mistakes. Not on ego trip like so many others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X