Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Survival! season 3= no Dave Cantenberry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jezcruzen View Post
    Now that I've taken the time to read all the posts here, especially those about Dave Canterbury, I offer this observation.

I watched the first of these shows. Initially, Cody and Dave butted heads constantly. I would call Cody's skills more "environmental" and primitive while Dave's were more military-like, i.e. "Lets get it done". I noticed that as the series progressed, a mutual respect seemed to develop between the two of them. Each seemed to learn from the other under the stress of different challenges. Sometimes Cody schooled Dave, and at other times Dave schooled Cody. Along the way some amalgam of skills occurred that was mutually complimentary.

The New Guy (NG) last night seemed to stay in the "hurry up mode" - like a rat on crack. That might be SOP for special ops, but in a wilderness survival situation it could be a liability. You really need to take your time and think things out.
    Jez,

Unless alot of things have changed, the hurry up mode, is not Spec ops SOP. In SERE, hast gets you killed, in all kinds of ways. After watching more I'm more up in the air about the show. Thinking it might still be a bit to much hollywood to suit me. I'll try another show before deciding.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post
      Jez,

Unless alot of things have changed, the hurry up mode, is not Spec ops SOP. In SERE, hast gets you killed, in all kinds of ways. After watching more I'm more up in the air about the show. Thinking it might still be a bit to much hollywood to suit me. I'll try another show before deciding.

Dale
      I just don't know, Dale. The "NG" mentioned SERE several times. I never experienced SERE training, so I'm just ignorant of the discipline in which it is taught.

I think I'll miss Dave.

Comment

you mean the SNARED wild hog? I once, as a 16 year old kid, was told by my 70 year old boss, to try to break up a fight between a pair of 700 lb "domestic" wild boars. I waded into that 15x30 ft pen with nothing but 6 ft of 2 x 4 pine. Fortunately, they just IGNORED my blows to their jowls and snouts.. Jess said to not hit them on the head squarely.

Comment

Working...
        X