Rebel or Submit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel or Submit?

Well, are we gonna submit to this ridiculous fed takeover, or what?
    Find and buy acceptable insurance...
    8.70%
    Refuse insurance mandate & pay penalty...
    4.35%
    Refuse mandate and sit in jail...
    0.00%
    Refuse mandate and fight like hell...
    86.96%
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Never submit
    Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim.
    ~ Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.-Ovid

Mus uni non fidit antro.
    ~ A mouse does not rely on just one hole.-Plautus

Non semper erit aestas
    ~ It will not always be summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
      Well, are we gonna submit to this ridiculous fed takeover, or what?
      I'm going to answer your poll but with an explanation. My wife does not have insurance right now because we can't afford it. It would cost around $450 a month and I am the only one working so that is out. If the government, by some miracle offers to insure my wife for a $100, and the insurance was good, I'd jump on it. On the other hand, if its $400 a month and they make it mandatory with the threat of jail then I hope I run into you in the field somewhere, I can use all the help I can get.
      bbc
      The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I won't be forced to pay a damn dime...when I want something, I'll buy it, but I won't submit to priced-air.....I don't even agree with mandated auto insurance...yeah, I'm fully covered, but I'd carry it w/o a mandate, and it'd probably be cheaper if it was optional....then the ins. Cos. would have to compete harder to get the sale....
        "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

hell no, not one red cent. They can have my money when they are able to pry it from my cold dead hand...

Comment

news is senate may not pass it...but I ain't holdin' my breath....

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
              news is senate may not pass it...but I ain't holdin' my breath....
              Maybe...but I believe the man will get what he wants.
              The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

My family and I live on my fixed income. If we are "FORCED" to pay for this insurance we will be homeless!! So I will be done for either way, if we pay for this crap then I wont be able to pay my mortgage. If we don't then we will be on the run and lose everything anyway. So what do you guys and girls think we are going to do due? We are going to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!
                John 3:16 Joshua 24:15

Comment

I hate to be forced to do anything, we all do. But, like we said: "What now?" I have always been able to have insurance in some form or the other most of my life. I have had to ride the Cobra before and just kept my butt healthy while uninsured at other times and pray for the best until I can get insured again. Insurance companies make a profit. It's the American way, they should, doctors should, we all should. So what is the answer?
                  "Local goverment and federal Goverment sholud try to maintain a healthy climate for sustaining jobs, and creating more jobs at honest wage levels." (yes)
                  "Individuals should try to maintain good work ethics and maintain a good climate for their employers so that they may prosper, profit and maintain the honest wage level for it's employers" "with benifits like affordable insurance" (Yes)
                  SHould the employer be forced to do it?
                  Sorry to reply with another question people, but when one of the two above fail in their comitment, who pays?
                  If someone goes into the doc's office and has $10,000.00 worth of medical services,
                  but does not have insurance because he has been laid off. Then, what if it's a different person he is a bum, or better still a 20 year person struggleing through Community College
                  I wish we had the answers. My fear is taxes pasting 1/3 of my income. I have seen the social med thing up close. It would be nice if we could trust our goverment. That's the biggest let down of all.
                  Last edited by pathfinder3081; 11-09-2009, 10:31 AM.
                  "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

Many people, even those who think they have good insurance, are just a heart attack,or an accident, a stroke, a cancer diagnosis away from being bankrupt. Think about the concept of medical insurance for profit. The more an insurance company can make you suffer, the more money they make.
                    Those who would trade freedom for security will end up with neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracos View Post
                      Many people, even those who think they have good insurance, are just a heart attack,or an accident, a stroke, a cancer diagnosis away from being bankrupt. Think about the concept of medical insurance for profit. The more an insurance company can make you suffer, the more money they make.
                      Rodger that Draco's, but what is the answer? I pay $50.00 per month
                      ($150.00 for my family of three), my employer is "self-insured". It is far from perfect but I think that it's better than other goverment screw-ups. My son whom is in college got a broken jaw. when all was said and done and the smoke settled the bill was $7,800.00 The bills are to him not me. Now the cost out of pocket for him (though I am paying the bills) is about $800.00 total. Even if we had the reforms to "health cost" that we dream of (no more $10.00 aspirin) the bill would have been 3 or 4 grand at best. He could not pay that unless they went over 5 or ten years. SO what is the answer? My brother in-law is a Orthopedic surgeon. He informs me that the government pays the worst, to little effect of his actual cost. He has a staff, office, pays taxes, his staff wants matching 401k's, dental insurance, ex., ex. In a effort to just break even on his responsibilities to them he must spend no more than 10 minutes with the "Medicare/Medicaid" patients on follow-ups after and before surgery.
                      I know that the wheel just spins around and around. I have lost my job before and found another one. That might not always be the case and I pray for all those who are out of work now. But if I ever owe a debt to the hospital and cannot pay, if the government cannot pay for me. I am afraid that laws will come to pass with government health care that states like Medicaid.. "what's your worth? You have property, a home?" They will seize that first and then pay the leftover. Now if I cannot pay they would just Lien
                      my house (unless the laws have changed) and take theirs after I die.:confused:

And in closing: The fight is a tough one. Refuse? Revolt? Against what? Whom? Your Doctor, local insurance company? Daring your doctor not to do things for free is like pissing off the cook. (smile) J
                      PErhaps the goverment can tweak the medicaid money and make that available for those who want it and need it because of job loss. But a trillion dollars is a lost of promise. (am I right with that figure? dawg there is so much money being thrown around I forgot what is where)
                      Last edited by pathfinder3081; 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM.
                      "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

Article 1, section 9 of the US constitution states, "No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

Ex Post Facto; or retroactive law, is a law that retroactively changes the legal consequences of acts committed or the legal status of facts and relationships that existed prior to the enactment of the law. In reference to criminal law, it may criminalize actions that were legal when committed; or it may aggravate a crime by bringing it into a more severe category than it was in at the time it was committed; or it may change or increase the punishment prescribed for a crime, such as by adding new penalties or extending terms; or it may alter the rules of evidence in order to make conviction for a crime more likely than it would have been at the time of the action for which a defendant is prosecuted.

If making failure to obtain health insurance federally punishable by imprisonment, our government has created an ex post facto law, whereby creating a law that requires people to acquire health coverage, without allowing them to choose if they want it or not.

On a personal note: I don't have health insurance, and I barely have a job. I'm sure that once this law takes effect, more people will be out of work due to the expense drawn on private businesses.
                        "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

Comment

I am not a fan of the health insurance bills that are out right now. But, at the same time, I am sick and tired of my health costs and tax dollars paying for loosers that rack up huge bills and do not pay them. I am also very opposed to the house bill, as I am in the bracket who will see a HUGE tax increase.

I have insurance. Always have and probably always will, so the requirment to have insurance is not going to bother me, except for the fact that I have to pay to subsidize others.

From my understanding, the most likely way you will be "fined" for not obtaining coverage, is through your annual taxes. So, I do not see how you are going to fight it. They will take it out of your refund and if you don't pay, they can garnish your wages.

If you want to fight, then vote and vocally support the republican party. I personally prefer the Libertarian Party, but it is a wasted vote, if you would otherwise vote republican.

Comment

The only health insurance refit that is needed is IMMIGRATION CONTROL........if 20 million immigrants wewn't on the gov't rolls, and using the ER for primary care, guess what?......costs would go DOWN.....if health insurers could do interstate business, guess what?.....down goes cost, due to competition....if the gov't runs ANYTHING related to healthcare, we ar ALL F*CKED!

The damn welfare & entitlement class has US OUTNUMBERED in the polls, guys....this IS a slippery slope from which we WILL NEVER RECOVER peaceably.......sorry, boys and girls, but dem's da fax........

Comment

If the Congress could just write bill without the other special interest crap and they actually wanted to or even cared about covering the poor or whatever it would be exceptable statistically speaking. KISS method.

This isn't "caring" about the disadvantaged and the like hell that lower segment of the populace doesn't even vote very often.. We vote, we call, we write, we rally, they don't listen to us! The Progressives want me to believe it is about "Caring" or "Compassion" BS!
                              Waitnc

Comment

Working...
                              X