X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneBadPig
    replied
    Originally posted by kenno View Post
    It's a 45 mile drive to the nearest theater. I have NetFlix, I can wait a year to see it.
    Yep, i already have it in my que!

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    It's a 45 mile drive to the nearest theater. I have NetFlix, I can wait a year to see it.

Leave a comment:

• cbprice797
    replied
    Saw the movie this past weekend and was really preettty good. As for the wife she commits suicide in the movie as well by taking off her coats and such and then walking out into the woods in the middle of winter, surely she dies. But yes from everything I have read about the book the movie is a departure but if taken for what it is it is a good movie, sort of like the new Star Trek if taken outside of any previous Star Trek knowledge it is good.

I would definitely recomend this movie. You might have to go to a small independent movie theater like I did until it is out in wide release. If you like this one might want to consider The Book Of Eli coming out on Jan 15.

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    I just saw the trailer, there are some major deviations from the book that skew the plot more towards 'Global Climate Change'.
    Also, the novel takes place about 40 years after a global cataclysm, the boy is the second or 3rd generation born after SHTF. The father's wife is dead at the start of the book, she was blind and, after several attempts, commited suicide. Father and son are escaping south alone from thier failed community of survivors.
    The movie leaves his wife alive and condenses all the destruction of the planet into a very brief time frame (Alla 2012). I would complain but the author's purpose (as in most of his works) was to show man's inhumanity to his fellow man in a way that trancends a historical context. "Blood Meridian" is another such work by the author that is even more grotesque than "The Road".

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    the time has come goody goody

Leave a comment:

• cbprice797
    replied
    Well The Road was scheduled for Nov 25 release but it is not at a single theater today, Thursday, or Friday. I cannot even find a relaese date other than Nov 25th. Oh well how disappointing.

As for the OCt 16th release that is the release date for the Film Festival that it was first shown at.

Leave a comment:

• unswydd
    replied
    Originally posted by Rednekdaddy View Post
    Is there any where (website) that I can read the book online for free?
    Rednek, I found a copy at the library. If you have a library card so see if they have one. Great book gonna be a better movie. I'm glad I read the book first.

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    very easy books am million

Leave a comment:

• OneBadPig
    replied
    i will look for "the road", i have been reading alot lately. I hope its easier to find than "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.

Leave a comment:

• Legionnaire
    replied
    Originally posted by doucmpuppiespn View Post
    Legionnaire, I absolutely LOVE your avatar!!
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    man you just got me happy then depressed i thought i was off till i read the rest of your post

Leave a comment:

• HileTroy
    replied
    Like a crazed idiot, i was so excited about watching this movie after reading the book, that for some reason thought it was coming out on Oct 16th, so gathered up my son and went to the local Theater, only to find out I was well over a month off. Talk about bummed out and feeling stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Lil Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by prkchp76 View Post
    just watched the trailer to the road so far just like the book wow i can't friggin wait
    I saw the trailer tonight. Man, how realistic are they going to get? My wife came in on the last part of it and I explained what it was about. She's a little freaked right now. She gave me some money to go buy shells.

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Found it, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• doucmpuppiespn
    replied
    Legionnaire, I absolutely LOVE your avatar!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X