The road is near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rednekdaddy View Post
    Is there any where (website) that I can read the book online for free?
    Rednek, I found a copy at the library. If you have a library card so see if they have one. Great book gonna be a better movie. I'm glad I read the book first.
    Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
    {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

Comment

Well The Road was scheduled for Nov 25 release but it is not at a single theater today, Thursday, or Friday. I cannot even find a relaese date other than Nov 25th. Oh well how disappointing.

As for the OCt 16th release that is the release date for the Film Festival that it was first shown at.

Comment

the time has come goody goody
        the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

I just saw the trailer, there are some major deviations from the book that skew the plot more towards 'Global Climate Change'.
          Also, the novel takes place about 40 years after a global cataclysm, the boy is the second or 3rd generation born after SHTF. The father's wife is dead at the start of the book, she was blind and, after several attempts, commited suicide. Father and son are escaping south alone from thier failed community of survivors.
          The movie leaves his wife alive and condenses all the destruction of the planet into a very brief time frame (Alla 2012). I would complain but the author's purpose (as in most of his works) was to show man's inhumanity to his fellow man in a way that trancends a historical context. "Blood Meridian" is another such work by the author that is even more grotesque than "The Road".
          The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

Saw the movie this past weekend and was really preettty good. As for the wife she commits suicide in the movie as well by taking off her coats and such and then walking out into the woods in the middle of winter, surely she dies. But yes from everything I have read about the book the movie is a departure but if taken for what it is it is a good movie, sort of like the new Star Trek if taken outside of any previous Star Trek knowledge it is good.

I would definitely recomend this movie. You might have to go to a small independent movie theater like I did until it is out in wide release. If you like this one might want to consider The Book Of Eli coming out on Jan 15.

Comment

It's a 45 mile drive to the nearest theater. I have NetFlix, I can wait a year to see it.
              The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

Originally posted by kenno View Post
                It's a 45 mile drive to the nearest theater. I have NetFlix, I can wait a year to see it.
                Yep, i already have it in my que!
                CTHULHU/Dagon 2012

Comment

Working...
                X