• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unswydd
    • Feb 2009

And IT begins! Extreme Right Groups Anti-Government

Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'
    Returning U.S. military veterans singled out as particular threats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: April 12, 2009
    9:40 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

However, the report goes on to suggest worsening economic woes, potential new legislative restrictions on firearms and "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

Are you ready for a second Declaration of Independence? Sign the petition promoting true freedom once again!

The report from DHS' Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines right-wing extremism in the U.S. as "divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups) and those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

"[T]he consequences of a prolonged economic downturn – including real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit – could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past," the report says.

This is only the first part of the article. Please see the link above and continue the story.
    Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
    {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}
  • pathfinder3081
    • Feb 2009

You know, this weekend I was wanting to say to myself, "relax everything is going to work out for us, have fun with your garden". I have been busy busy for the past few weekends with our Easter program. Today I'm feeling good and I read this (rest of the article) article. Are we all becoming part of what the feds are calling; "It further warned law enforcement to watch out for individuals with "radical" ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes."
    The report also mentions "'end times' prophecies could motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition and weapons.
    Okay abortion? I want touch this with my freinds here. "Opposing illegal immigration" is considered a radical ideologies"?..

How can they write this? How can such crap not be reported... What is happeing? Where are we going and how did I end up in this Hand basket? Thanks for the link friend, I have been sending alot of this stuff around and nobody but my mother of 73 (the widow of a retired Marine vet of two wars) and a few freinds believe that anything is going to the fishes.
    Last edited by pathfinder3081; 04-13-2009, 11:21 AM.
    "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

• unswydd
      • Feb 2009

I believe in getting the news out here where our group can see just what "they" think of "us". We are a threat to them and it is now out in the open. Anyone that owns a gun and anyone who is stockpiling anything is now a terrorist. This is just gone overboard. I do believe that Jesus is coming soon and that we are living in exciting times. Keep looking up cuz he said that he is coming for those who are watching!!!!! This is so scary for people who don't know what is "really" going on!

Comment

• Skyowl's Wife
        • Mar 2009

I came to post about this, glad to see you already had.

Be sure and read the doc at http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf
        "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

• signtalker
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2009

i read that article just before i logged in to this site and but i think they have been doing this for sometime anyway.i guess they are giving us a heads up that they are watching peoples activities.

Comment

• beebopcop
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by unswydd View Post
            http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=94803

Homeland Security on guard for 'right-wing extremists'
            Returning U.S. military veterans singled out as particular threats

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Posted: April 12, 2009
            9:40 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

However, the report goes on to suggest worsening economic woes, potential new legislative restrictions on firearms and "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

Are you ready for a second Declaration of Independence? Sign the petition promoting true freedom once again!

The report from DHS' Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines right-wing extremism in the U.S. as "divided into those groups, movements and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups) and those that are mainly anti-government, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

"[T]he consequences of a prolonged economic downturn – including real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit – could create a fertile recruiting environment for right-wing extremists and even result in confrontations between such groups and government authorities similar to those in the past," the report says.

This is only the first part of the article. Please see the link above and continue the story.
            I too read this story earlier today and it brought me back to some training that I participated in a couple of weeks ago.
            I was helping the army train it's special forces canidates by being part of the oposition force. When I was getting my briefing from a member of the cadre he said that I was playing the part of a "right wing terrorist group that were part of the pentecostal movement". He included some other description but my mind was still stuck on the Pentecostal thing. I don't know if he was just talking off the cuff or if it was something that he had heard from the powers above him. I tried not to let the shock of his statement show on my face. I hope that some of the more connected member like big_saw and methusela comment on this.
            Man, talk about hitting close to home.
            The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Skyowl
              Veteran Member

• Mar 2009

My spousal unit, Skyowl's Wife, and I were shocked when we read this yesterday morning. I took the article to work and showed it to a couple of other "RWEs" that are also in various stages of doing their thing. Boy were they shocked. The spousal unit also sent this to our children and several of her friends. Guess it is time for America to wake up. They have intentionally labeled people who think the Constitution is the law of the land as RWEs.

On a side note, i wrote to all of my state legislators as today Arizona has HCR 2024, State Sovereignty, up to be discussed before the full legislature. It got by the legislature and the senate but was vetoed by our then governor, one Janet Napalitano, the DHS secretary, last year. I hope it fares better this year with our new governor.
              As Zombie Axe would say...
              "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

Comment

• unswydd
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
                I came to post about this, glad to see you already had.

Be sure and read the doc at http://images.logicsix.com/DHS_RWE.pdf
                This is huge! Thanks for posting it. I have been thinking about taking Wednesday off to go to the Tea Party about 60 miles away. I think I am going to ask for it off and take a video camera and get in the back and see what I can see. I love spy stuff. LOL This could be the start of something really big. Ya never know. I'm just sayin'...........
                Last edited by unswydd; 04-14-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Lostinoz
                  • Feb 2009

Confirmed: The Obama DHS Hit Job On Conservatives is Real

Additional information from Michelle Malkin. :(

Yesterday, Roger Hedgecock and the Liberty Papers posted an unclassified DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis report titled: Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment. The “report” (PDF file here) was one of the most embarrassingly shoddy pieces of propaganda I’d ever read out of DHS. I couldn’t believe […]

Confirmed: The Obama DHS hit job on conservatives is real
                  By Michelle Malkin • April 14, 2009 12:01 AM

Yesterday, Roger Hedgecock and the Liberty Papers posted an unclassified DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis report titled:

Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment.

The “report” (PDF file here) was one of the most embarrassingly shoddy pieces of propaganda I’d ever read out of DHS. I couldn’t believe it was real.

I spent the day chasing down DHS spokespeople, who have been tied up preparing for a very important homeland security event later today: The First Lady is coming to visit their Washington office. Priorities, you know.

Well, the press office got back to me and verified that the document is indeed for real.

They were very defensive — preemptively so — in asserting that it was not a politicized document and that DHS had done reports on “leftwing extremism” in the past. I have covered DHS for many years and am quite familiar with past assessments they and the FBI have done on animal rights terrorists and environmental terrorists. But those past reports have always been very specific in identifying the exact groups, causes, and targets of domestic terrorism, i.e., the ALF, ELF, and Stop Huntingdon wackos who have engaged in physical harassment, arson, vandalism, and worse against pharmaceutical companies, farms, labs, and university researchers.

By contrast, the piece of crap report issued on April 7 is a sweeping indictment of conservatives. And the intent is clear. As the two spokespeople I talked with on the phone today made clear: They both pinpointed the recent “economic downturn” and the “general state of the economy” for stoking “rightwing extremism.” One of the spokespeople said he was told that the report has been in the works for a year. My b.s. detector went off the chart, and yours will, too, if you read through the entire report — which asserts with no evidence that an unquantified “resurgence in rightwing extremist recruitment and radicalizations activity” is due to home foreclosures, job losses, and…the historical presidential election.

In Obama land, there are no coincidences. It is no coincidence that this report echoes Tea Party-bashing left-wing blogs (check this one out comparing the Tea Party movement to the Weather Underground!) and demonizes the very Americans who will be protesting in the thousands on Wednesday for the nationwide Tax Day Tea Party.

From the report, p.2:

Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

From the report. p. 3:

Rightwing extremists are harnessing this historical election as a recruitment tool. Many rightwing extremists are antagonistic toward the new presidential administration and its perceived stance on a range of issues, including immigration and citizenship, the expansion of social programs to minorities, and restrictions on firearms ownership and use. Rightwing extremists are increasingly galvanized by these concerns and leverage them as drivers for recruitment. From the 2008 election timeframe to the present, rightwing extremists have capitalized on related racial and political prejudices in expanded propaganda campaigns, thereby reaching out to a wider audience of potential sympathizers.

Exploiting Economic Downturn

Rightwing extremist chatter on the Internet continues to focus on the economy, the perceived loss of U.S. jobs in the manufacturing and construction sectors, and home foreclosures. Anti-Semitic extremists attribute these losses to a deliberate conspiracy conducted by a cabal of Jewish “financial elites.” These “accusatory” tactics are employed to draw new recruits into rightwing extremist groups and further radicalize those already subscribing to extremist beliefs. DHS/I&A assesses this trend is likely to accelerate if the economy is perceived to worsen.

From the report, p. 5:

Over the past five years, various rightwing extremists, including militias and white supremacists, have adopted the immigration issue as a call to action, rallying point, and recruiting tool. Debates over appropriate immigration levels and enforcement policy generally fall within the realm of protected political speech under the First Amendment, but in some cases, anti-immigration or strident pro-enforcement fervor has been directed against specific groups and has the potential to turn violent.

And echoing the anti-military bigotry last seen in that disgusting Penn State University training video, there’s this on p. 7:

Disgruntled Military Veterans

DHS/I&A assesses that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the capabilities of extremists—including lone wolves or small terrorist cells—to carry out violence. The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today.

There’s no hackneyed left-wing stereotype of conservatives left behind in this DHS intelligence and analysis assessment. I asked both DHS spokespeople to tell me who, specifically, the report was accusing of “rightwing extremist chatter” and which “antigovernment” groups are being monitored as “extremists.” They say they’ll get back to me.

In the meantime, be aware of this from the report, p. 8:

DHS/I&A will be working with its state and local partners over the next several months to ascertain with greater regional specificity the rise in rightwing extremist activity in the United States, with a particular emphasis on the political, economic, and social factors that drive rightwing extremist radicalization.

Better make a few last-minute signs for the Tea Party. Obama’s DHS is watching:

Honk if you’re a radicalized rightwing extremist!

Guilty of rightwing extremist chatter

Anti-government, pro-freedom: Sue me

Comment

• barkingowl
                    • Feb 2009

I'm sure they'll be interested in the signs that my wife has made for our tea party.

Comment

• pathfinder3081
                      • Feb 2009

well, Hunkerdown. Watch for plants in the crowd. This bunch (DHS) might have a rebel rouzer in diguse just to make the whole protest look like a RWE event just to hassle the lot of us. I'll be in the Greensboro downtown. Ours is from 12 to 1 (wish it was a longer event). There is a Fusion Center there as well.
                      Semper Fi
                      "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

• unswydd
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by pathfinder3081 View Post
                        well, Hunkerdown. Watch for plants in the crowd. This bunch (DHS) might have a rebel rouzer in diguse just to make the whole protest look like a RWE event just to hassle the lot of us. I'll be in the Greensboro downtown. Ours is from 12 to 1 (wish it was a longer event). There is a Fusion Center there as well.
                        Semper Fi
                        Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm going to start out across the street from the courthouse and see what happens first, I want to scope it out and get some video and see who is who before I start my shouting!!!! LOL I want to stand right next to the leader of the pack!

Comment

• Lostinoz
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by unswydd View Post
                          Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I'm going to start out across the street from the courthouse and see what happens first, I want to scope it out and get some video and see who is who before I start my shouting!!!! LOL I want to stand right next to the leader of the pack!
                          From all that I have read and observed, this movement has scared a bunch of influential people, mainly because of how rapidly the idea has spread and how quickly it has been implemented. I know a lot of people feel that it won't make a difference, however we need body count now for these tea parties and THAT is what will send the message. I encourage everyone to find one and participate if you are able.

Comment

• waitnc
                            • Feb 2009

Obama

Well, he did promise "change" right?
                            Waitnc

Comment

• Skyowl's Wife
                              • Mar 2009

I've printed 50 copies of the DHS document to hand out.
                              "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X