• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Committee Sides with Federal Assault Weapons Ban

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/arti...4.54928.126019

Committee Sides with Federal Assault Weapons Ban
    By The Associated Press
    4/7/2009 12:45:01 PM

LITTLE ROCK (AP) — A House committee has rejected a nonbinding resolution urging Congress to oppose the reinstatement of a federal assault weapons ban.

The resolution by Rep. Jon Woods of Springdale failed Tuesday by one vote before the House Judiciary Committee. Woods questioned the effectiveness of the ban, which Bill Clinton signed into law in 1994 and George W. Bush let expire.

Arkansas Congressman Mike Ross is leading a group of 65 U.S. House Democrats in opposing any reinstatement of the ban.

Woods' resolution failed on a 10-7 vote; the measure was supported by the committee's Republican members and Democrats Steve Cole, Dawn Creekmore, Barry Hyde and Johnnie Roebuck.

I think I am beginning to feel like a Jew in 1936 Germany. It is getting uncomfortable.
    Those who would trade freedom for security will end up with neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinoz View Post

Arkansas Congressman Mike Ross is leading a group of 65 U.S. House Democrats in opposing any reinstatement of the ban.

It might be that moderate southern democrats are the only ones that can save the country from the chosen one.
      Last edited by cwconnertx; 04-07-2009, 07:49 PM. Reason: inserted quote mark
      My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Working...
      X