Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween 2021

What to go as.....

I mean.... we're pretty much here already....

No. Just…. Just…… NO.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah..... I know.....delete it..... But you know it's true......

Comment

I don't mind that stores are filled with Halloween costumes and candy, after all Halloween is this month...I do mind stores that started offering Christmas items in September.

Comment

I do not celebrate Halloween, Christmas or any other holiday..as I do not care for holding one day above another. That includes birthdays as well.

It is just me from what I have picked up reading History.

Also ..for me I am not interested in someone else getting me on those treadmills and dipping into my pockets.

But you folks make up your own minds. It is your time and your monies. You are driving your own bus....so to speak.

Thanksgiving I am ok with as it is one of the few times a family can get together and break bread....in our fast paced lives....and also thank our Creator..

But we should give thanks every day....

But again...that is just me. You folks are driving your bus.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
            Orangetom

Comment

I'll be dressing up as "a Grizzly Bears" problem. And they see my as their biggest problem.
              One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

As my daughter is grown, my grandson is in his 20s and there are no trick or treaters here; Halloween has lost its fun. We enjoy the church side of Christmas and the commercial side disgusts us.
                Thanksgiving used to be family time; however, the nearest family is 6 plus hours from here.

Comment

Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
                  What to go as.....

I mean.... we're pretty much here already....
                  Heck of an outfit... but where are you gonna get the sabertooth?
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by orangetom1999 View Post
                    I do not celebrate Halloween, Christmas or any other holiday..as I do not care for holding one day above another. That includes birthdays as well.

It is just me from what I have picked up reading History.

Also ..for me I am not interested in someone else getting me on those treadmills and dipping into my pockets.

But you folks make up your own minds. It is your time and your monies. You are driving your own bus....so to speak.

Thanksgiving I am ok with as it is one of the few times a family can get together and break bread....in our fast paced lives....and also thank our Creator..

But we should give thanks every day....

But again...that is just me. You folks are driving your bus.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
                    Orangetom

Well said, my friend!

We buy candy for our church to hand out on Halloween. The church is located on the best "candy " street in a small town. Other than it makes the kids happy; we could care less.
                    Christmas for us is very uncommercial; its value is family and our church family. Commercialized Christmas isn't Christmas.
                    Other than for children, birthdays are just another day and not different than the tooth fairy.

As we can walkup dirt roads on a mountain or hike through the forest; neither of us are interested in treadmill gyms.

Any Holiday where the family gets together to enjoy being family is very good stuff!

To us, giving thanks everyday is an important part of our lives.

Yes, everyone drives their own bus. The question is are they happy or not? Not yeah, I'm happy, but are "you" really happy is the question.

Comment

Amen...Olde Timer....Amen!!!!

Orangetom
                      Not an Ishmaelite..

In Isaac shall thy seed be called......

Comment

Amen...Olde Timer....Amen!!!!

Orangetom
                        Not an Ishmaelite..

In Isaac shall thy seed be called......
                        Ala CW, I'm an OM.. Of interest, when I was 40 years old, I was informed by Hams that 40 is the "global standard" of old age. Imagine being told by an 88 y/o in Russia you're old at 40. LOL

Isaac's shall thy seed be called is both simple as well as complex.

In current times, I find Isaiah 5:20 quite applicable.
                        Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
                        Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
                        Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

Heck of an outfit... but where are you gonna get the sabertooth?
                          Well..... Myakka is a Squatch..... Close enough...smells the same.....

Comment

By Tugaloo,

In current times, I find Isaiah 5:20 quite applicable.
                            Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
                            Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
                            Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Wow...Olde Timer....very very appropriate today..exactly what is going on out here....a 180 degree flip flop of common sense....And His instruction.....and pride in this flip flop too!!

Well said...thanks for posting that quote from Isaiah.

Orangetom
                            Not an Ishmaelite.

Comment

Wow...Olde Timer....very very appropriate today..exactly what is going on out here....a 180 degree flip flop of common sense....And His instruction.....and pride in this flip flop too!!

Well said...thanks for posting that quote from Isaiah.

Orangetom
                              Not an Ishmaelite.
                              It reminded me of what we all are experiencing today.

Comment

Working...
                              X