Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Shortages

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
    Yep right Cedar. Gotta have those pineapple smoothies. Okay i am being sarcastic as I think you are.....I may be wrong. If you are to survive you gotta adapt. Bananas are out. That supply will be gone soon. And if you don't dry them you can not store them for long. Make friends with someone who has a supply of some fruit and find a weakness you can provide . A weakness like a veggie or another fruit or meat or 15 min with your blender on your dime. ADAPT
    LOL.. no.. I was serious!!! They are high in Vit C and other things. I dont have them all the time, but they are one of my breakfast foods when nothing sounds good and I feel run down. Or just a snack instead of ice cream.

    1 can of cold coconut milk and 1 can of pineapple, blend together. Sometimes I toss in 2 TB or so of yogurt, and a handful of flaked coconut.

    I do have other things stored that are high in Vit C. Such as I accidentally made 4 gallons of orange marmalade that I am canning up today. Yes.. four gallons. But I also can up elderberry, rose hip syrup too.

    I started noticing in March I could not get pineapple at my 2 regular grocery stores.. so then I was on the hunt when it kept not showing up on the shelves.

    Comment


    • #17
      So where does that pineapple come out of? Hawaii or somewhere in the tropics? Maybe the covid quarantines had them shut down where fruit rotted and wasn't picked or canned? those disruptions in the food chain have long ripples...
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Cedar View Post

        LOL.. no.. I was serious!!! They are high in Vit C and other things. I dont have them all the time, but they are one of my breakfast foods when nothing sounds good and I feel run down. Or just a snack instead of ice cream.

        1 can of cold coconut milk and 1 can of pineapple, blend together. Sometimes I toss in 2 TB or so of yogurt, and a handful of flaked coconut.

        I do have other things stored that are high in Vit C. Such as I accidentally made 4 gallons of orange marmalade that I am canning up today. Yes.. four gallons. But I also can up elderberry, rose hip syrup too.

        I started noticing in March I could not get pineapple at my 2 regular grocery stores.. so then I was on the hunt when it kept not showing up on the shelves.
        Pineapple is plentiful here with multiple brands on the shelves. Bought a half dozen cans yesterday.

        Dale

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
          Can't find ammo anywhere here in Idaho. I think reloading is going to be very popular. Unless you can't find the components.
          During the last ammo shortage, primers and powder were both in short supply.
          Since it is a "different" bunch who are stocking up, this time they might be around for a while.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ZAGran View Post
            Yep right Cedar. Gotta have those pineapple smoothies. Okay i am being sarcastic as I think you are.....I may be wrong. If you are to survive you gotta adapt. Bananas are out. That supply will be gone soon. And if you don't dry them you can not store them for long. Make friends with someone who has a supply of some fruit and find a weakness you can provide . A weakness like a veggie or another fruit or meat or 15 min with your blender on your dime. ADAPT
            I haven't seen any shortage in either pineapple or banana here in the Ozarks.
            What shortages there have been, over the past few months, seem to be spotty and temporary.

            Comment


            • #21
              Oddly, we now seem to have a shortage of white, food grade buckets...

              Cnning jars are on the shelf, here, but lids are not.

              Comment


              • #22
                Groceries have been quite busy even in the early mornings but no shortages of most items. Canning lids are still scarce here too. We were able to pick up ammo today too which was a nice surprise.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Oddly, there seems to be a persistent shortage of Chef-Boyardee Ravioli.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    no shortage of food here in the lower midwest. as of April, 2021. There has been pretty close to empty shelves a few times, while everybody stocked up. I've got rice, beans peanut butter, honey, oatmeal, Koolaid, multvitamins/mineral tabs, veggie oil for a few month's worth.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      There is an impending shortage of peanut butter. A few years ago, when supply and demand had similar conditions, the price rose by 50%.

                      Good news, I say canning jars, rings, and lids on the shelf at WalMart, this morning.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Harris is going to kick biden aside this year, without a doubt. He's an embarrassment. She'll know that she's got only a year or so to get the guns, before we take back one house of congress and nullify her. So WATCH OUT for gun grabs, ridiculous taxes on ammo, etc.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          no food shortages here.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
                            Can't find ammo anywhere here in Idaho. I think reloading is going to be very popular. Unless you can't find the components.
                            there's no primers and very little powder. Brass that used to be thrown away or sold as scrap metal is now precious

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X