Food Shortages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Shortages

What food shortages are you seeing in your local grocery stores? Before I left NY, there were shortages of meat, canned soups, canned pasta sauce, dry pasta in boxes, and toilet paper.

Here in Idaho, I'm seeing shortages of canned meats.

Finally, our stores have mostly returned to normal, but it's West Virginia. Normal here is severely lacking for most areas. WE still have no canning jars, lids or rings. Ammo is seriously lacking as well as firearms and motor vehicles. Need to can pumpkin and tomato sauce soon.

Comment

No canning equipment here either. And ammo is short as well.

Comment

My oldest daughter in Florida bought me 3 dozen. I guess the people in Florida don't can that much. She says everywhere down there has plenty on the shelves. Have to go for a visit in a couple weeks.

Dale

Comment

Usual fall beef sale at grocery stores where you can buy whole packer cuts like eye of round or loin (whole) has not appeared. On another note local meat processers for individuals are booked thru Feb of 2021. Farmers Markets are sold out within a couple of hours. The produce section for any grocery other than WalMart consist of mostly root veggies with a few odd bunches of bell peppers and cabbage.

Comment

all normal here, I only go shopping once every 3 weeks.

Comment

We have not had any shortages since early in the pandemic (March/April). Even then most things were available, just not the quantity and brands you might like. Toilet paper was an issue, but we were well stocked.
              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Better stock up now, this second shutdown is going to be BAD

Comment

Well, here comes the stupidity again. They are starting to ration TP again here.

Dale

Comment

Here (Idaho) too, Dale.

Comment

I haven't been out in a while, so I haven't noticed. Ammo was short. Even my best source dried up. We were well stocked on everything else, so there hasn't been anything we couldn't get.
                      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Can't find ammo anywhere here in Idaho. I think reloading is going to be very popular. Unless you can't find the components.

Comment

North Louisiana has no ammo anywhere for common calibers. Odd ball calibers you can still find if you are lucky. Wal mart TP is going fast,still has food in stock. Wal mart has shotgun ammo in small shot,no buckshot. Pawnshop has no 9 mm,.38 special,.357 mag,.44 special,44 mag,30-30,30-06,270,7 mm mag,or .308 in stock. If you don’t already have ammo you are left out. One of my friends that deer hunts said he is down to one half box .30-06

Comment

I still cannot find canned pineapple in most of the stores I shop. But got 2 cases from Costco 2 days ago. I had not been there since February. I need pineapple for my MUST HAVE smoothies.

Comment

Yep right Cedar. Gotta have those pineapple smoothies. Okay i am being sarcastic as I think you are.....I may be wrong. If you are to survive you gotta adapt. Bananas are out. That supply will be gone soon. And if you don't dry them you can not store them for long. Make friends with someone who has a supply of some fruit and find a weakness you can provide . A weakness like a veggie or another fruit or meat or 15 min with your blender on your dime. ADAPT
                              Last edited by ZAGran; 12-21-2020, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X