No announcement yet.

Incoming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was interesting link after just talking about this the other day. Seems like CD is sort of alive and well, in places...

THE American government isn’t taking any chances with their citizens living on Guam, a tiny United States territory to the south of North Korea.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

AJ: You hit that nail squarely on the head. People are not ready. Saturday morning at 8:00 are there that many people out on the streets? The worst place you can be is outside. I will give some the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they were just trying to get home or back to a hotel. It seemed like shear panic and chaos. A real wake-up call for the need to have a plan.
      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
        AJ: You hit that nail squarely on the head. People are not ready. Saturday morning at 8:00 are there that many people out on the streets? The worst place you can be is outside. I will give some the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they were just trying to get home or back to a hotel. It seemed like shear panic and chaos. A real wake-up call for the need to have a plan.
        I totally agree with this. Now is the time to act!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
          Thought this was interesting link after just talking about this the other day. Seems like CD is sort of alive and well, in places...

there's been Guam based preppers on a few of the sites asking newbie questions - quite a bit of concern about Little Fat Boy taking a pot shot ....

Comment

I'm surprised there weren't more news stories about what people were doing/thinking during the 37 minutes. Could be I missed some or a lot of the coverage, but I mostly saw stories about the wrong message having gone out (but not getting into WHY--or not getting beyond a line or two about why and that line didn't really explain things), then there were stories with the head of the Hawaiian emergency management agency. He took responsibility in that 'I'm the captain of this ship, so whatever actually happened, it's my responsibility'. But he didn't go into details of what had actually happened. And explanations for why it took so long to call off were sort of limited, too (again, just from what I've heard). They said something about they'd only practiced making alerts, not canceling them, so that's why it took so long to do so.
            Does that cover most of the info that's out there?

If so, seems like there's a lot that isn't being said yet.

There's so many ways to imagine someone having done this on purpose for some cloak & dagger type secret purpose that I won't be surprised to hear that someone did so--but I also figure that if it's actually the case, that's not likely to ever come out. Could be too, that there's a legitimate reason for not putting out a full explanation of how our civil defense warnings work (or don't work), as that info could be useful to those who'd maybe want to start panic, or launch and attack, etc.

But there could, easily, be follow-up stories about what people did in that 37 minutes and how they're feeling now.
            Been there, done that. Then been there again several times, because apparently I never learn.

Comment

Who knows, maybe the powers to be did it in order to see how people reacted in order to gauge the crazy factor. the thing I've not seen anywhere, though I've not looked hard is stories from people saying I was so freaked I'm now going to do something, or I'm going to listen to what HEMA or FEMA suggest to be prepared. Don;t think I've seen anyone post or join from Hawaii and if they have they've not been active as of yet. Be interesting to see an independent reporter go around and talk to the common person. Better yet, would loved to hear from vacationers there with no clue about anything or where to go. I'll bet the hotel don't have basements or bomb shelters...
              I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Hawaii is the only state I know of that may be more liberal than Californiaistan. Except for a few reports of people (mostly tourist) going into the sewers I'm not seeing any reports on people being prepared or unprepared. Just blame Trump and that would be funny if they weren't serious. If anyone has relatives on Oahu can you let the group know what there saying. Thanks!

Dale
                Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Working...
                X