Incoming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming!

So, how's that warning system in Hawaii working for them? How many people had 30 minutes to think about how they would die and now, maybe will think about being at least a little prepared.
    Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Yeah, that was crazy. 37 minutes to call it off??????

One of the twitter posts I read said someone should be fired..

I agree.

-Buggy
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

unconfirmed - but reports of some civilians heading into the street sewers ....

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post
        So, how's that warning system in Hawaii working for them? How many people had 30 minutes to think about how they would die and now, maybe will think about being at least a little prepared.
        We could hope Dale but I somehow doubt it. maybe 3 or 4 but the majority will just go back to the daily grind.

Thinking of Hawaii, I've often wondered how good or bad it could be to be homestead on one of the less populated islands. From what I know (though I've never been there) isn't the temp to be about constant year round with a rainy seaso? there is rich fertile soil and lots of sunlight. A person would have to push to be pretty self sufficient or learn to do with out though as you are an island.

On plus side there is a great climate for living in and growing food, waters are plentiful with seafood, not sure about fresh water but lots of rain would make for water catchment opportunities, sun for solar power or heat, underground geothermal for heat and possible hybrid power system, etc...

Negatives, it's an island so you can only get so far from whatever might happen, though boat would give chance to escape or slip off shore and return when things settle down. there are those volcano things so that could add to a whole new SHTF concern.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post

Thinking of Hawaii, I've often wondered how good or bad it could be to be homestead on one of the less populated islands.
          Country,

As a young man I was stationed out of Hawaii for 3 years and got to see many of the islands. There are major positives and negatives to living there whether on the main islands or the remotes. You can grow anything there that you could possibly want to eat. From cucumbers to chocolate and prawn to cattle, and there was always the sea to go to for fresh seafood. Loved snorkeling and using a Hawaiian sling (spear) for spiney lobster or fish. Some of the negatives of living there though are your living in a tropical zone and have all the disease potential that goes with it without always having good medical available. In a major SHTF scenario the isolation which could be a blessing can also be a curse as well as needing to be very careful as to how you locate your homesite on the island. You would need to plan for typhoons, tsunamis, rainy season, currents, tides and trade winds. If you could afford the land and set up before a SHTF you might have a paradise. If you didn't go island crazy.

Dale
          Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
            Yeah, that was crazy. 37 minutes to call it off??????

One of the twitter posts I read said someone should be fired..

I agree.

-Buggy

Hawaii won't be admitting it - they are tooooo uber leftist - but some a-hole ANTIFA type state employee was behind this - hacked the boss's computer that Saturday morning when nobody was around and activated the alert - took half an hour to rescind because no one was around in authority ...

if the FEDs start an investigation and fight thru all the Hawaii roadblocks they'll get thru to the truth - expect a 9th Circuit Court injunction by mid-week by some Hawaii judge ....

every a-hole leftist jumped in with their ''It's Trump's Fault" blitz - Obammy to Jamie Lee Curtis - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Illini Warrior View Post

Hawaii won't be admitting it - they are tooooo uber leftist - but some a-hole ANTIFA type state employee was behind this - hacked the boss's computer that Saturday morning when nobody was around and activated the alert - took half an hour to rescind because no one was around in authority ...
              Illini,

This just in,... ... ... This Trump supporter was filmed pushing the alarm button without authority. Investigation to follow. JJ LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by dalewick View Post

Illini,

This just in,... ... ... This Trump supporter was filmed pushing the alarm button without authority. Investigation to follow. JJ LOL!

sorry - but according Auntie Ethel all Trump supporters are racist old white men ....
                Last edited by Illini Warrior; 01-14-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

The guy that did this has been removed. They say everyone will be going through more training and there will now be two people at all times manning the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                    The guy that did this has been removed. They say everyone will be going through more training and there will now be two people at all times manning the site.

the whole truth will come out if the FEDs get involved - otherwise leftist Hawaii will do everything possible to hide the truth ....

Comment

With all the saber rattling going on and with the real fact that the world is likely, or is soon likely to be a much more dangerous place in view of nuclear States. I'm wondering if we might see a roll out from FEMA more along the lines of the Civil Defense manuals and other literature that talks bout the Stop, Drop and Cover or of building bunkers or expedient fall out shelters in basements or similar. Wonder if the number of shelters getting built or on order since mid year is booming on the Left coast.

What say you Buggy, your our resident mole inside the belly of the beast. Seeing or hearing anything when you venture out and about or in the local media?
                      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

With all the saber rattling going on and with the real fact that the world is likely, or is soon likely to be a much more dangerous place in view of nuclear States. I'm wondering if we might see a roll out from FEMA more along the lines of the Civil Defense manuals and other literature that talks bout the Stop, Drop and Cover or of building bunkers or expedient fall out shelters in basements or similar. Wonder if the number of shelters getting built or on order since mid year is booming on the Left coast.

What say you Buggy, your our resident mole inside the belly of the beast. Seeing or hearing anything when you venture out and about or in the local media?
                        Ha! I live so far off the beaten path, I wouldn't know. The big thing in Kaliforniastan is green dope right now. Instead of smelling it every couple of miles driving down the street, like before it became legal, now there is a constant fog of weed smoke....EVERYwhere!

Seriously, this state will implode if the SHTF.

-Buggy
                        I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

FEMA co-ops with the individual state's EMA - don't see them getting back into the old CD mode for nuke prepping ... IL has constant TV & radio ads from the state agency rotating their prep message between tornados, winter storm and earthquakes - no nuke as of yet ....

Comment

This might be a wake up call. During WW-II every city and town had air raid systems in place. Small towns had fire alarms and bells to the more advance systems like LA and New York with very loud air raid sirens.

Maybe we need to practice what I did no school; having nuke drills. Maybe even with city wide drills. This would get thee message across that this is serious and not something you laugh at during the late late show.

IT MIGHT JUST WORK!

Comment

All I can say is that is was a wake up call. Be it by accident or not, just watching it on tv shows people are not ready nor do they really know what to do. This is why we all need to be more informed with the truth of what is going on in this world.

Comment

Working...
                              X