Sos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sos

I saw this TV show on the Weather Channel of all places. I think in my area it is on Friday night. The SOS stands for Secrets of Survival. They are supposedly real life events of people surviving catastrophic events. One was a man who was out hunting, and broke his ankle. One was a man on a day hike in the desert who got lost and stranded. I have no idea if this is true as they claim, but the episodes were quite good. There is a narrator who used to do the show Fat Guys in the Woods; also on the Weather Channel. He is a survival expert.

I swear on my Mother's grave this is true. Not a prank. Check it out.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Morgan is the name of the show called SOS? I have not heard of it but will try to find it on TV. Sounds like it might be very interesting.

Comment

AJ: Yes, on my channel guide on the Weather Channel it will say SOS.

AGK: Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWeatherChannel.

The link also has links to the show.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Yes I have seen those shows on the Weather Channel. Not the best, but they do give good first observer reports of what happened.

Comment

Morgan I have watch this show also. It is very interesting and some good ideas.

Comment

удалил, иначе у багги глаза на его лысую башку вылезут
            Last edited by AGК; 11-12-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Morgan, that's Creek Stewart. He has a school you can attend i think in Indiana.
              I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Thanks CG. I like him, and he seems more practical. He teaches things that everybody can use, and are physically able to do. I admit to being on the downhill side. I am no longer faster than a speeding bullet, or able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Learning how to do things within your physical limitations is important. I will look his school up on line.

Comment

Creek has some great books to. Think he even did one on BOV's. He was an Eagle Scout who never let up. I like about him is if you see his hands they look like he's in the woods all the time, dirty, cuts and roughed up, and I believe he's made a good chunk of his gear. Not like so many of the TV "experts" with their manicures and store bought gear. Creek seems to be very genuine and sincere.
                  I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Sounds good--prepping for when everyday situations go way, way wrong has more appeal to me, currently, than prepping for real TEOTWAWKI. Glad to have this as an option to watch when unwinding.
                    Been there, done that. Then been there again several times, because apparently I never learn.

Comment

very nice find.....thanks
                      Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

Working...
                      X