Northern CA fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern CA fire

We are getting hit hard. Before and after.
    Last edited by Buggyout; 10-10-2017, 11:03 AM.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
    -Arthur C. Clarke

Buggy, hope you are ok and far away from these fires. I have a granddaughter that lives near San F. and she said smoke is bad but fire not near them. Those pics. are really bad.. A whole neighborhood burned out. Something that is very hard to prepare for. Last I heard were 10 dead because of this. Stay safe and prayers are with you, the families of those that lost their lives and anyone else that has been effected by these fires.

Comment

I'm ok. I'm at least three hundred miles north of the Bay Area. It's just crazy how fast it happened! My wife was taking our son back to college on Sunday and DROVE through the area. THERE WAS NO FIRE when she passed through.

It's not the end of the world, however, it's the end of the world for some people......

-Buggy
      -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
        I'm ok. I'm at least three hundred miles north of the Bay Area. It's just crazy how fast it happened! My wife was taking our son back to college on Sunday and DROVE through the area. THERE WAS NO FIRE when she passed through.

It's not the end of the world, however, it's the end of the world for some people......

-Buggy

how's Northern Mendocino County faring? - Eureka - Willets area?

Comment

http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps
          Last edited by Buggyout; 10-10-2017, 10:56 AM.
          -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Originally posted by Illini Warrior View Post

how's Northern Mendocino County faring? - Eureka - Willets area?
            Those areas are still Ok. The good news is that we had a freaky wind for the last few days that was blowing north, now, the wind has basically stopped. It's not over though. The containment is still critical and it is moving northerly.

-Buggy
            -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

There is also a large fire close to Disneyland in Anaheim that would be making national news if it wasn't for this monster fire here in the north. THAT fire is 4500 acres!

-Buggy
              -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I am working a hurricane camp, a place where workers sleep and eat. The civilian contractor that is doing labor in the camp is rotating several members of their camp crew back to Oregon to staff their fire rigs already assigned to the fires.
                "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Buggy: Glad to hear you are all safe. Your comment on the speed of it all happening is 1000% right on. Your world can change in a heart beat. We just have to prepare and be ready at a moments notice.
                  The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

The NAPA Valley is know world wide for it's wine which means grape vines. In the fall the vines start dying off and leave behind a lot of dead material that is loaded with oil. That is why the fires are moving so fast. Last count was 17 fires in the northern area of California.

Comment

People are now returning to their homes and finding they lost everything. Prayers go out to those folks. They said the winds were picking up again and more homes could be destroyed. This is one of the worst fires yet. Praying they will be able to get it under control soon.

Comment

This is a perfect example of having needed supplies at hand and ready. These people only got out with the clothing on their backs. it happened that fast!

The fires are still only a few percent contained and still growing.

Definitely the worst in California history.

SHTF.

-Buggy
                        -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Buggy hope you and your family are doing ok.. This fire just goes to show that we need to stock our supplies in more than just our homes. We can very easily loose it all and have nothing to fall back on

Comment

Florida is sending so many people to help. We thought our season was over.
                            "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

It's still bad. Very little contained. We can smell the smoke up here, 300 miles away.

-Buggy
                              -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
                              X