North Korea Tensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    Little Kimmy just won't give up. No telling where this guy will strike. If he has one that can hit DC that is way to close for comfort. I am about 4 or 5 hours out from DC. Guess it will be lights out if one hits that close.

it would take a decade or more of continued rush development to get to a launch against DC ... with one or a few possible operational long range ICBM capable missiles - they'll be loading warheads with high explosives and targeting Alaska and Hawaii for a rush revenge launching - any hit against US territory will put them in the history books and that's what will satisfy the Little Fat Boy .....

what is more serious about this latest NK launch is the possible proliferation of the technology to Iran - Iran launched again against Saudi Arabia from Yemen - they don't currently have the missile range from their own territory - and Iran has smuggled their current mid-range missiles for striking Israel .... the Saudis, Israel and few other Arab countries are preparing to hit Lebanon and take out the missiles along with other missile factories ...

the connection between NK and Iran is a bigger threat than anything ....

Comment

Originally posted by Illini Warrior View Post
      they'll be loading warheads with high explosives and targeting Alaska and Hawaii for a rush revenge launching
      Yeah but even if he can't get the fusion to occur all he'd need to do is pack in a bunch of plutonium or uranium to make one hell of a dirty bomb.

Originally posted by Illini Warrior View Post
      what is more serious about this latest NK launch is the possible proliferation of the technology to Iran - Iran launched again against Saudi Arabia from Yemen - they don't currently have the missile range from their own territory - and Iran has smuggled their current mid-range missiles for striking Israel .... the Saudis, Israel and few other Arab countries are preparing to hit Lebanon and take out the missiles along with other missile factories ...

the connection between NK and Iran is a bigger threat than anything ....
      Ur right, these 2 nut job nations working together should be of a huge concern. I recall a few years ago a NK freighter being stopped with supposed agricultural parts headed to Iran that just so happened to be missile parts.
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

After the latest missile test they can reach the east coast of the USA. They might not be accurate but a nuke, is a nuke, is a nuke.

So if they throw one our way we will response in kind and make NK into a parking lot. The Chinese and Russians might cry foul but the facts are we win - - all over within 2 hours.

Comment

Will we? Or will Russia and China get involved? W3? Or will it be all over for us in the US within 2 hours? 2 days?

Cedar

Comment

Well, a bit of good news. The latest missile broke up on re-entry. Japan and US naval forces are looking for the pieces. If they can find some, perhaps there will be a more definite perspective on just how far they are along. Could be Kim is just rushing the distance without concentrating on delivery as well. I try to look on the bright side . Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Cedar View Post
              Will we? Or will Russia and China get involved? W3? Or will it be all over for us in the US within 2 hours? 2 days?

Cedar
              Cedar. :)

I kind of know where you are at. I retired as a cop on the oregon coast. I am sure that you are one of the safest posters on here. Well, If you are more south than north coast. Haha!

-Buggy
              I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cedar View Post

Cedar

neither country gives a rat's azz about the Korean people - even less about Little Fat Boy ruling them .... their one and only concern is the same as in 1945 - that there's a non-US ally country buffer up against their borders ....

and they don't need nuke weapons to make sure of that - aka the Korean War and the Chinese intervention .... the DMZ might move north a bit but at least half of current North Korean territory will be non- SK or US .....

almost a certainty that the Chinese would come across the NK border and swing left blocking any possible thoughts of Russia seizing NK territory - the Chinese don't want a southern border with Russia and they want them blocked from Sea of Japan and Korean Sea ports ....
                Last edited by Illini Warrior; 12-03-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I think with all the attention on N. Korea, Iran will be showing it's ugly head while our backs are turned and watching N. Korea and what they are doing. I am sure they are gearing up as well as helping little Kimmy.

Comment

I think it was yesterday,

The current national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, warned that the prospect of a conflict that could be one of the most devastating in decades and even go nuclear was "increasing every day."

Cedar

Comment

• new development on the diplomatic front - US envoy from the UN is heading first to China and then to North Korea for talks - first time the UN has been there in 7 years ....

don't expect anything - even less than that - I actually expect Little Fat Boy to emphasis his determination by firing off a missile or two or breaking out a nuke for testing ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cedar View Post
                        I think it was yesterday,

The current national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, warned that the prospect of a conflict that could be one of the most devastating in decades and even go nuclear was "increasing every day."

Cedar

he also spate out a chunk of BS - something about the US tourists that plan on visiting South Korea for the Olympic Games should have no worry - the US military is on the job .....

Comment

• South Korea news regarding North Korea

White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster said Sunday that the North Korean nuclear program could prompt South Korea and Japan to seek nuclear weapons, which would end up harming China and Russia. A day earlier, McMaster said the risk of war with North Korea is "increasing every day." "There are ways to address this problem short of armed conflict, but it is a race because [North Korea is] getting closer and closer, and there's not much time left." And a few days ago, Mike Mullen, the former chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff said the thought of North Korean nuclear-tipped missiles "scares me to death, quite frankly.
                          http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/arti...=2017120501319

Moon warned of a situation where North Korea makes a "misjudgment" and threatens South Korea with missiles or where the U.S. considers striking the North. This can only be construed as meaning that the U.S. must be stopped from upsetting North Korea and the North left to do as it pleases.
                          http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/arti...=2017113001735

the Dec. 1 Assembly session, when Rep. Kyeong Dae-soo of the LKP asked if South Korea needs its own nuclear capability, Song said, “You and I have the same direction.”

Moon Chung-in, who proposed reducing the scale of South Korea-U.S. joint military exercises in exchange for the North’s suspension of its nuclear and missile programs.
                          https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/new...newsidx=240418

American spy agency the CIA is recruiting agents who can speak Korean.
                          In a Nov. 28 posting on Twitter, the CIA wrote: “Speak Korean? US citizen w(ith) a college degree? Interest in national security? Your skills are needed here. 1.usa.gov/1qOxdOa”
                          http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news...newsidx=240224

China and Russia have staged massive military drills in airspace and waters near the Korean Peninsula to counter a big U.S.-South Korea aerial exercise here this week.
                          http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/arti...=2017120600997

Cedar

Comment

• All I can say at this point is that something is in the air and it is not good. I am on the east coast of VA and would love to get away from here. Not just to my grandparents homestead but to leave VA altogether. It is becoming more and more of a liberal state like CA for one. and I have just had this gut feeling for a while now that it is getting time to pack up and get away from this area altogether. Not sure where to go as of yet but I am looking into a backup plan. But at this point it will be as a first choice to head to grandparents old homestead since I do have cousins on board with this. I want to buy some land in another state which is where I would have to start for plan B. As of what state I don't know yet. But working on it. Need to gather more info on safest place for family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cedar View Post
                              South Korea news regarding North Korea

White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster said Sunday that the North Korean nuclear program could prompt South Korea and Japan to seek nuclear weapons, which would end up harming China and Russia. A day earlier, McMaster said the risk of war with North Korea is "increasing every day." "There are ways to address this problem short of armed conflict, but it is a race because [North Korea is] getting closer and closer, and there's not much time left." And a few days ago, Mike Mullen, the former chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff said the thought of North Korean nuclear-tipped missiles "scares me to death, quite frankly.
                              http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/arti...=2017120501319

Moon warned of a situation where North Korea makes a "misjudgment" and threatens South Korea with missiles or where the U.S. considers striking the North. This can only be construed as meaning that the U.S. must be stopped from upsetting North Korea and the North left to do as it pleases.
                              http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/arti...=2017113001735

the Dec. 1 Assembly session, when Rep. Kyeong Dae-soo of the LKP asked if South Korea needs its own nuclear capability, Song said, “You and I have the same direction.”

Moon Chung-in, who proposed reducing the scale of South Korea-U.S. joint military exercises in exchange for the North’s suspension of its nuclear and missile programs.
                              https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/new...newsidx=240418

American spy agency the CIA is recruiting agents who can speak Korean.
                              In a Nov. 28 posting on Twitter, the CIA wrote: “Speak Korean? US citizen w(ith) a college degree? Interest in national security? Your skills are needed here. 1.usa.gov/1qOxdOa”
                              http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news...newsidx=240224

China and Russia have staged massive military drills in airspace and waters near the Korean Peninsula to counter a big U.S.-South Korea aerial exercise here this week.
                              http://english.chosun.com/m/svc/arti...=2017120600997

Cedar

it'll take a whole lot more for Japan to go nuke - South Korea never - they can't do it alone and the US certainly aren't handing any over .... but Japan is once again upping their game - next year's budget already has long range air-to-ground missiles penciled in - just like everything else they want the tools available and not relying anymore on the US ...

as far as the negotiations concern about cutting back on the joint exercises - that goes back to PaPa Little Fat Boy - maybe even GrandPa Little Fat Boy - it's been done to placate all of them and NK immediately violated the agreement ..... they used to ship in enough grain to feed the country - they attack and seize the USS Pueblo - shell SK territory - arrest more foreigners - close the borders - increase their smuggling ...

there's no viable way to negotiate with someone that isn't interested ....

Comment

• I sort of think little fat boy is trying to pull us into war and wants us to make the first move. We really need to be very careful in the way this is handled. Either way I more than likely start WW3. It's not going to be a very good situation for the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X