X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparations for martial law...

http://www.carrollspaper.com/main.as...451&TM=55111.9
    http://dprogram.net/2009/02/20/guard...adia-in-april/

You have GOT to be kidding me! This is going to play out in the favor of the government because the media will spout false propaganda relaying information that "It's for the good of the country, and for the good of our war efforts", when in reality it's one more step toward training our military for the removal of the constitutionally protected act of posse comitatus.
    Also, by allowing the military to block off roads in the community, it allows the military a chance to simulate Martial Law in a small community. Martial Law, once enacted, would remove Posse Comitatus, civil freedoms, rights, and privileges from every civilian in the entire country, limit the effectiveness of law enforcement officers, and jeopardize the lives of millions of innocent people.
    This action, by the military and our government, and allowed by the citizens of this small community, will bring the beginning of other types of training to larger and larger communities until the military's "training exercises" go unnoticed or are regarded as "common practice" and "something normal".

This is a start to a horrible aftermath. This can only result in the eventual imprisonment of otherwise honest, hard working, American citizens by acts of military involvement and intrusions into their homes and lives.
    "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

Comment

agreed!!!!!

Comment

I was going to start this by saying "I hate to say this", but that's not really true.

I just wanted to point out that this is nothing new. Military units have been doing MOUT drills, including with civilian "victim" or "POW" volunteers, for many years. My uncle told me about it when he was rehearsing for Operation Just Cause, and I myself participated in countless such drills all over the country. I would guess that most people who were in an MP unit did as well. We even once did a full-scale drill, I would say in 2005 or 2006, in Wellfleet, MA, during the off-season (Wellfleet is a summer tourist town), where we cordoned off an entire neighborhood and had the roadblocks, civilian volunteers playing all kinds of roles, etc. That was the most thorough and realistic one I ever participated in, the purpose being preparation for an upcoming deployment overseas where skills rehearsed in the drill were used almost every day.

I am not saying "it's nothing, don't worry," rather just giving another point of view with a little less doom and gloom.

Comment

Working...
        X