Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snal
    replied
    What about the lake? I'm sure the fishing is better below the dam, but I have too much money invested in my boat not to use it...LOL!
    I used to fish Santee and Murray years ago. Mainly marking the fish and drifting or anchoring over the striper freeway. I don't troll cuz I ain't set up for it, but we bought a cabin boat last year that's actually an "angler" version designed for fishing. Very shallow draft for exploring where most 22' boats can't dream of going, and roomy enough to stay on for extended trips. I've modified it enought to make anything but drift or anchored fishing less desirable, opting more for extended trips, but it's a warm place to fish from.
    BTW...I love to fish for striper, cats, crappie, and walleye...never was much for bass fishing.

Leave a comment:

• sd allen
    replied
    Good stiper and catfish under Rhodhiss dam.I do alot of fishing there year round.You gotta get there before the Asians , especially if your'e bank fishing.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Boone
    replied
    In front of Rhodhiss dam is a great but dangerous place to fish on the Hickory side, on the back side , the Rhodhiss side is a good place too ,but it is alot harder to fish.

Leave a comment:

• snal
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    No Sir..I am not that DB. I live hunt and fish in Hickory ,NC to around Morganton to Lenoir.
    Welcome DB!
    Ever fish Rhodhiss? Been wanting to try it out for striper. We have a camper at Lake James, but only fish it for crappie and walleye.

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Welcome Old Horseman & Daniel Boone! Great site you've found. I'm just south of the NC/SC border in the NW part of the Upstate SC.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Boone
    replied
    No Sir..I am not that DB. I live hunt and fish in Hickory ,NC to around Morganton to Lenoir.

Leave a comment:

• TheUnboundOne
    replied
    Howdy, Old Horseman! Howdy, Dan'l Boone! and Howdy, Snipe!

Leave a comment:

• Snipe
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Hey guys I am new and from Western NC myself.
    Is this the Danial Boone, that just bought a new Henry Golden Boy?

Leave a comment:

• Zombie Axe
    replied
    Welcome aboard Old Horseman:)

Lots of NC folks on here, as well as SC and Texas is growing as well. Hopefully as this site grows EVERYONE will have an Xcolonist to network with on the local level and a few statewide :)

So howdy from the Western part of NC:D

Leave a comment:

• OldHorseman
    replied
    Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
    at least we're not "gloomers." ;)
    Right on... I actually have a very positive attitude towards TEOTWAWKI. :D

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Boone
    replied
    Hey guys I am new and from Western NC myself.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHorseman View Post
    Hi y'all...

Some of you might know me from another doomer forum. Noticed this one has more local folks, so I thought I'd pop-in and say hey now and then.
    Doomer....hmmm.....

Yep, that's us.......welcome aboard....at least we're not "gloomers." ;)

Leave a comment:

• beebopcop
    replied
    Welcome, jump in and hang on.

Leave a comment:

• OldHorseman
    started a topic Yet another NC good ol' boy...

Yet another NC good ol' boy...

Hi y'all...

Some of you might know me from another doomer forum. Noticed this one has more local folks, so I thought I'd pop-in and say hey now and then.
Working...
X