No announcement yet.

howdly all from AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not that new, Diesel won't tolerate bickering. We like it. A lot!
    "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by bcauz3y View Post
      .... I suppose because it is new, there is less bickering. Hows life up there in TN?
      Without exception, always civil discourse .... its all about learning things ya don't know and sharing things you do. Life is good .... for me .... up here near the KY border. A bit too close to the military reservation to my liking but all is well.

O.W.
      Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Very nice set up. Please share changes and preps you make along the way as there are many members who are trying to do the same as you by becoming self sustaining.

Comment

Originally posted by bcauz3y View Post
          Negative, but you have my attention!!!
          http://www.microhydropower.com/

http://www.backwoodssolar.com/catalo...le%20Generator

http://homepower.com/basics/hydro/

You look familiar....:)
          Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaman View Post
            Very nice set up. Please share changes and preps you make along the way as there are many members who are trying to do the same as you by becoming self sustaining.
            10-4, will do.

I will be building a chicken coop in about three weeks, for the purposes of having a laying flock. I will photograph the process and the design and why we did it that way.

After chickens, comes rabbits (great, low cost meat, and great pet food (dogs and cats). Then goats, then pigs, then cows, then... Who knows. If I'm still alive then, we will see.

Also, crops along the way.:cool:
            not an expert

Comment

What you did there, I see it! Thanks for the links!
              not an expert

Comment

Nice Place! Hello from KY!
                A government that can give you everything you need is also strong enough to take it away!

Comment

Howdy folks! I just wanted to drop an update, and rather than start a new thread, this seemed like the place to do it.

I brought my Deuce home today:

And the chickens are growing leaps and bounds.

Other than that, there hasn't been much movement because of my saw accident, but it is healing fast, so I hope to be ready for a few fall projects, including rain barrels and a few raised beds (SFG).
                  not an expert

Comment

sounds like a great setup when I was younger I use to raise rabbits for food and profit it was work but fun also I hope when I retire from the military I have as much luck as you in finding a good spot I own about 4 acres in a mid Michigan town but I am looking for other spots please keep us updated as things develop on your place so we can all draw ideas from it I.M.
                    NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Thanks Mike!

Opened up some rice I put up 3 years ago. Had some for dinner.

not an expert

Comment

Spent a lot of sunday working around the yard. Put stronger fencing around the coop to keep the coyotes out.

My helpers:

not an expert

Comment

Working...
                        X