Another newbie saying hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie saying hello

Another new guy post! I hope to be a contributor and a learner. I’m not new to prepping as the basic concepts were part of my upbringing on an Appalachian farm. But I’m no expert either! I found my way to Alaska a decade ago after a long journey, so a lot of my interest involve living and surviving in the northern boreal forest. The wife and I purchased a classic Alaskan homestead far away from the world that had been neglected for awhile. I can probably contribute more by telling folks what not to do from my mistakes than anything else!

Retired army paratrooper and medic. Husband and father.

Again, I hope to both learn and contribute!

Welcome AJ. I would love to live in Alaska if it weren't so damned cold lol

Comment

Welcome to here, AlaskaJohn! I am looking forward to your posts and learning from you...what to do and what NOT to do, lol.
      Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Welcome from central PA , AK John... Those mistakes you mention are a wealth of info and knowledge.
          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

CountryGuy, that’s what I keep telling myself! Plus, I am keeping Lowe’s in business buying new parts!

And I am enjoying every minute of it!

Comment

For any that don't know "Alaskajohn" he is well skilled at this prepping-survival stuff. I wish he and I lived a lot closer. He is just being "meek" and "humble"......He is a wealth of knowledge. Glad he is here. He is the "Boots in the Field" type.
              Last edited by Sourdough; 01-20-2019, 04:15 PM.
              One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Read and ask questions then find a subject where you have experience in and write about it.

Comment

Working...
                X