Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - Senior student From Australia

Hello!

My name is Andoni and I am currently studying Year 12 at Nazareth Catholic College in Australia. Year 12 is our final year of our secondary education and it is a requirement to do a research project, which is graded as a high percentage in terms of marking for our final year.

I would like to ask your assistance with my Research Project which is on the topic of “Doomsday Prepping”. This is a topic that I have been passionate about for a while now and thought it would be a great focus point for my research project.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would be willing to participate in my survey below and if there is anything else you would like to add about this topic.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much for your time in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5F26JQ5

Hi Andoni. Interesting survey. If possible I would like to see the results of the survey and your project. Good luck.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

I second lalakia. I'm sure all here would like to see the results, view any conclusions drown from the survey in your completed project.
      Last edited by ZAGran; 05-07-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I completed your survey.........And I realize you had to make some fundamental assumptions in structuring your questions; However I simply could not answer some because of where and how I live. That and I really don't know what motivates wealthy persons prepping.
        One day you eat the chicken.....next day the left-over chicken.....next five days you eat chicken feathers, head and feet.

Comment

I started and reviewed your survey but was unable to complete it due to fundamental differences in why I prep. Just not a "Doomsday" prepper. Sorry bout that.

Good luck!

Dale
          Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Keep in mind that many people who prep are NOT doomsday preppers. They are people who prepare because they have common sense and plan ahead of disasters. Just about every day there is some kind of disaster somewhere in the world if you watch the weather channels or news channels. To be ready, just in case of something hitting close to home, is a precaution. Only a very small percentage of people who prepare actually prepare for a long term doomsday kind of event.

Comment

As I was reading through the questions, it also made me wonder how other nations perceive what preppers do and why. If there's a widespread belief that we are preparing in regards to politics or financial responses, I think that's only looking at a small minority. I'm not certain but I think most preppers plan for weather based issues that can mushroom into dire situations. Most of us could adapt to situations based on major breakdowns, social failure, EMP's but I don't know if those are our core reasons for prepping. Interesting aspects to consider
              Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

I took the survey. I hope it helps. I too would be interested in the results. IMHO most of the people here have been prepping for a long time. We tend to be self-sufficient and don't rely on anybody to help us, especially the government. It wasn't a fad or an election that made us prep. It is common sense. Why would you not be prepared for a SHTF event.

The news is rife with situations, usually natural disasters, where people are not prepared, and their lives are devastated. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to watch that and decide you DON'T want to be one of those people.
                The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

I did take your survey but not knowing any wealthy preppers, although there apparently are some, I gave opinions on many questions and labeled them as such. Some of your questions did seem to approach the subject in a very narrow way. You questioned for the Apocalypse, which to me is a world wide disaster.
                  Most of us here prep for a SHIFT ( when the"Stuff" hits the fan) or the end of the world as WE know it. Not necessarily an Apocalypse for the entire world. However, preps for smaller things than the world wide Apocalypse would and will apply to the Apocalypse.

I, for one try to cover as broad a scope of disasters likely to occur in my area and to my people as possible.

Comment

I took your survey. The questions were too general in nature. You did not ask us what our experiences in prepping, personal experiences in disasters, what we judge is the most important item in the prepping field.

Like me - prepping since 1993, retired military, 2 college degrees, group formed in 1993, bought a farm in 2001, hold bug-out drills at least each year, travel 1500+ miles to farm. skills many.

Number of disaster involved as part of - currently 78.

Comment

Working...
                    X