Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Burlington

Hi all,

I'm Kristin and I am a mother of a 4 year old boy, Brian. We have a small spacious house with little backyard in Burlington. We three myself, husband and our kid enjoy the environment and I like joining forums and sharing my ideas on home and garden. :)

Hey Kristin! Nice to have you with us. I have a piece of property I just bought that I am going to garden in. I don't know where to start! Haha!

WELCOME AGAIN!

-Buggy
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
    -Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Welcome from Oklahoma, Kristin! I live on 20 acres with pear, cherry, hickory and black walnut trees. Blackberries and honey suckle vie for space on the fence rows and the pond is full of fish. My garden is small because I live alone and the kids can't always show up to help pick and can during the various harvest seasons. Still I can a lot of stuff and look forward to your ideas
      Last edited by ZAGran; 07-29-2017, 11:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum

To start with how is your storage ability for food, water and other items need to survive a disaster?

I noticed you mentioned a garden. We need all the experienced gardeners to talk about how their gardens are doing, what they planted, and how do they tend them.

Read and ask questions from the many threads here and if you find a subject not covered write your own thread using your own experiences to explain it.

Good Luck

RICHFL, GySgt USMC
          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
            Hey Kristin! Nice to have you with us. I have a piece of property I just bought that I am going to garden in. I don't know where to start! Haha!

WELCOME AGAIN!

-Buggy
            Thanks Buggy.

You can check with small flowering plants and also use some ideas for veggie gardens. Once if you are interested with working for the garden, there will always be new ideas that you could try out. We managed to try and cultivate few easy crops and also have a small garden space for some flowers like goldsturm coneflower, yarrow, hosta minuteman.

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
              Welcome to the Forum

To start with how is your storage ability for food, water and other items need to survive a disaster?

I noticed you mentioned a garden. We need all the experienced gardeners to talk about how their gardens are doing, what they planted, and how do they tend them.

Read and ask questions from the many threads here and if you find a subject not covered write your own thread using your own experiences to explain it.

Good Luck

RICHFL, GySgt USMC
              Retired
              Hi
              As mentioned in the other post, we do have a barn, where we keep the fertilizers and tools etc for gardening purposes and other materials that we might require for house maintenance. By Grace we have not experienced much hardship in maintaining the garden.
              I/we are not that experienced gardeners. It just started as a little hobby in the first and some times the experiment works and other times you know...
              But we are happy in what we receive, whether the experiment works out or not.

Comment

Thanks everyone for welcoming me in.

Comment

Hello and welcome from VA. We also love gardening. I also do alot of canning.

Comment

Working...
                  X