Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I went to the hospital today for an appointment trying to fix my irregular heart beat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so new comers will know and not walk away from this forum. This is what family on a forum is about. Though most of these people are gone from here now, there is no reason why we can't be that loving forum we used to have. Let's all try to work on being that special forum again.

Comment

Hope you're all doing well and that you have a great day
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGran View Post

Ditto!

My Dad's happiest and most productive years were the 25 after his open heart surgery. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, at his own pace and put all of us to shame with the amount of what he did. Yet he never hurried, never stressed, (except over his kids and grand kids when we forgot to take time out TO ENJOY) and in general had a great time.

He walked in the door whistling Home Sweet Home, sat down in his chair, turned on the tv to the news and checked out. What a wonderful way to go at 89 years of age.

You got a long long way to go Chef, BE HAPPY!
        I have no idea why this thread showed up on my notifications since the last time anyone posted was in 2012, six years ago. Yet it is to still be considered concurrent. We will all at sometime be absent from this mortal existence. I prefer to consider Chef, though silent, still contributing to our ever going struggle to live a life of fulfillment, preparing at all times to live life to the fullest and to pass our knowledge to our children and grand children so that they will not be caught short in a time of need.

Comment

Chef: Good to see you are still out there and keeping in touch. Hope all is well at your end.
          The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

It's good to "see" the author of all these fine posts that AppleJack has been resurrecting! I have enjoyed reading them, and until now, lamenting the idea that I may not be able to "meet" you. And here you are! I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.
            Genius is making a way out of no way.

Comment

Chef it has been a long time since I saw you on here. Then there was the hack job that sent everyone elsewhere. We are hoping to get things going again. Please just ignore Murphy as he is a cyberbully and everyone has put him on the ignore list. So you might have to do that as well.
              Hope all is well with you and yours. And please come back. We miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGran View Post

Ditto!

My Dad's happiest and most productive years were the 25 after his open heart surgery. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, at his own pace and put all of us to shame with the amount of what he did. Yet he never hurried, never stressed, (except over his kids and grand kids when we forgot to take time out TO ENJOY) and in general had a great time.

He walked in the door whistling Home Sweet Home, sat down in his chair, turned on the tv to the news and checked out. What a wonderful way to go at 89 years of age.

You got a long long way to go Chef, BE HAPPY!
                I have no idea why this thread showed up on my notifications since the last time anyone posted was in 2012, six years ago. Yet it is to still can be considered current. We will all at sometime be absent from this mortal existence. I prefer to consider Chef, though silent, still contributing to our ever going struggle to live a life of fulfillment, preparing at all times to live life to the fullest and to pass our knowledge to our children and grand children so that they will not be caught short in a time of need.

Comment

Words well written ZAGran. I have been bringing up a lot of old post and never dreamed we would have Chef back and I for one am glad to see him back on here. Though the forum is in great need of some help, I just hope we can get it all sorted out.
                  Now back to getting the tree out and cleaning. shopping day with daughter is coming up fast. Hope to get it all done in one day. LOL.

Comment

I`m doing well...just been living life without the computer the best I can. I plan on catching up soon.
                    Anything much that I have missed
                    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

I too have reduced my computer time and still survive without a smart phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                        Chef it has been a long time since I saw you on here. Then there was the hack job that sent everyone elsewhere. We are hoping to get things going again. Please just ignore Murphy as he is a cyberbully and everyone has put him on the ignore list. So you might have to do that as well.
                        Hope all is well with you and yours. And please come back. We miss you.
                        Until this very post, I have not even participated in this thread and yet here you are mentioning me, attacking me, and trying to conscript others into your childish game.

You are continuing to break the rules of the forum and doing exactly the thing you falsely accuse me of doing.

For someone who claims to want to ignore me, you certainly spend an inordinate amount of time typing my name into your postings.

I suggest you stop.

I know if I had 4665 postings, I'd go find a hobby or a better way to spend my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy View Post
                          You are continuing to break the rules of the forum and doing exactly the thing you falsely accuse me of doing.

For someone who claims to want to ignore me, you certainly spend an inordinate amount of time typing my name into your postings.

I suggest you stop.

I know if I had 4665 postings, I'd go find a hobby or a better way to spend my time.
                          She simply told the truth.

Trolling is your "hobby".
                          It's well documented..

I can provide links if you'd like.

Comment

Chef: Many of the old regulars are gone. There are still a few left, and some good new people. I think the biggest news since the site came back up was from Buggy. Check his last posts. He will pop up every now and then, but he has a lot on his plate.

Good to have you back. Looking forward to having you share some recipes. You have probably forgotten more about preparing food than most of us will ever know.
                            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Chef, I miss your recipes. Your knowledge of spices/seasonings is missed!

Comment

Working...
                              X