Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Some of Your Favorite Doomsday Novels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to struggle through typos and poor grammar. I had proper English, spelling, grammar et. al. beaten into me by nuns for eight years, Someone who is writing professionally should do that as a minimum, and as CG said, you wouldn't have to break the bank with a professional editor. Let the local English teacher take a look and clean up the mess. That would probably improve the work considerably.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by bushwhacker208 View Post
      I liked:
      World War Z
      I am Legend
      The Road
      War of the Worlds
      All are great movie adaptations as well. I love them!

Comment

great oldie PAW lit if you can find a copy ....

Siege - Edwin Corley

Survivors - Terry Nation (BBC TV series based on book)

Dhalgren - Samuel R. Delany

Defiance - Oliver Lange

Vandenberg - Oliver Lange (1st version of Defiance)

Comment

I loved that Survivors series, i watched it on my Roku, think on Netflix, the other year. The BBC does some great production and series. I also love that it's not a 30 minute show with 12 minutes of show and 18 minutes of commercials. Sad to see they ended the series where they did and it didn't continue.

Kind of off topic but BBC did a Sherlock series that is really great too.
          I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
            I loved that Survivors series, i watched it on my Roku, think on Netflix, the other year. The BBC does some great production and series. I also love that it's not a 30 minute show with 12 minutes of show and 18 minutes of commercials. Sad to see they ended the series where they did and it didn't continue.

Kind of off topic but BBC did a Sherlock series that is really great too.

sounds like you watched the newer revised Survivors series - only a couple of seasons and PCed to death - but still good ...

the original series (1975) has more episodes/year and lasted like 4-5 seasons - I think alot more realistic overall ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VL7...nHSIQBmbL87aeg

weird little BBC series The Last Train - Dr Who meets The Walking Dead - could have been a great long running series with some push ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyJG_qZ_HL8
            Last edited by Illini Warrior; 01-22-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Lucifers hammer

Comment

Originally posted by Preppersgab View Post
                Lucifers hammer

what I like about Lucifer's Hammer more than anything is the character development - great pre-SHTF insight into the novel's main characters and then their survival ....

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                  One Second After by William Forstchen is excellent. I believe he has written sequels to it as well. There is an audio book series on You Tube that starts with Going Home by A. American. There are three or four books in the series, and they are all quite good. IMHO all of these capture the end of life as we know it.
                  The Home series by A. American is excellent! There are 9 books in the series with #10 in the works.

Comment

If anyone is interested and follow FB, there is a group of authors that have a private group you can request to join. Great information on books and prepping.
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DD12army/

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey D View Post
                      If anyone is interested and follow FB, there is a group of authors that have a private group you can request to join. Great information on books and prepping.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/DD12army/
                      Thanks, sent my join request and look forward to checking out their works
                      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X