Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas/Happy Hannukah...Whatever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
    Sounds like a helluva spread, Rusty, and +1 on the bacon.

You are a samurai chef. :D

I wish. Someday, I just want to own a small 15 table formal restaurant. Dinner service only. Real Matre D', only 4 things on the dinner each night, and I choose them. Good imported and domestic wines, German Beer (and Guiness of course) and Samuel Adams. All food organic. Real local pork, free range eggs, and me as the chef. But, alas, I doubt I will ever live that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
      I wish. Someday, I just want to own a small 15 table formal restaurant. Dinner service only. Real Matre D', only 4 things on the dinner each night, and I choose them. Good imported and domestic wines, German Beer (and Guiness of course) and Samuel Adams. All food organic. Real local pork, free range eggs, and me as the chef. But, alas, I doubt I will ever live that.
      Dammit...don't ever give up your dreams, Bud....always keep an eye out for the opportunities...you never really know what's in store for you. I can't begin to count - in retrospect - how many opportunities I've missed; But the ones I've caught hold of have served me pretty well, and it seems you've grabbed a few yourself.

We'll include you in our prayers this season, Bud....

"Here's to all the grandeur we have yet to obtain, but strive for each and every day...for what value is the prize without the struggle?" - Big_Saw
      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Cornish Game Hen with a Juniper dressing.
        Mushrooms stuffed with olives and bacon
        Spuds with onion, and bacon, fried in butter and topped with cottage cheese (its a German thing, but darn tasty)
        Warjonka and coffee cold with milk (Polish/German alcoholic drink)
        Asparagus with a perague sauce (wine reduction with spices)
        Baked acorn squash with brown sugar and spice, served with creme.
        And for dessert? Have not decided yet, but will probably be sliced apples baked in ramikins with nutmeg, cinnimon, sugar and some heavy creme, all tucked inside a pastry of some sort.

well, I was going to have an Italian style pasta meal with my family, but I think I'm going to Rusty's house now!!

Happy Holidays to all!
        "Be Excellent to Each Other"

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone. I was trying to select spending time with family and intoxicated in the poll, but it wouldn't let me do both.
          ~Lyon~

Comment

Originally posted by cudalyon View Post
            Merry Christmas to everyone. I was trying to select spending time with family and intoxicated in the poll, but it wouldn't let me do both.
            LOL @ Cudalyon.......

Question is: do you need the booze to cope w/the family, or for them to cope w/you?
            :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
            "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Working...
            X