Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your specialty?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I actually do have something to bring to the table. Welding,brazeing,carpentry,plumbing,gardening,plan t propagateing,farming,gunsmithing,leathercraft,fair mechanic on everything from a briggs 5 horse up to a catapillar V12,electrician AC and DC,reloading bullets,salesman-yes this will come with bartering or talking my way out of something,very good cook of game and farm animals, herbal medicines,food storage,cement work,primitive weapons maker. I do have more skills but that will do. Definately a jack of all trades and master of few.

    Comment


    • #17
      I hunt and grow a mean garden, but i wonder myself how the garden would go with out the deisel to run Mr. New Holland around. I can promise you the garden would be a lot smaller.
      ~Lyon~

      Comment


      • #18
        Okay...let's expand this thing a little....

        You are in a group consisting of five people, including yourself (otherwise known as a squad). Let's pretend that all of your members also have the quintessential American family in-tow (man, woman, 2.4 kids). All of your members are self-sufficient, and nobody is considered to be a burden on the company.

        What four individual MASTER LEVEL skills would you prefer your cadre possess?

        Me: Logistics.
        Member #2: Intel gatherer/scout.
        Member #3: Commo spec.
        Member #4: Field expedient engineer (McGuyver/Wrench-Head).
        Member #5: Farming/gardening spec.
        "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

        "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
          You are in a group consisting of five people, including yourself (otherwise known as a squad). Let's pretend that all of your members also have the quintessential American family in-tow (man, woman, 2.4 kids). All of your members are self-sufficient, and nobody is considered to be a burden on the company.

          What four individual MASTER LEVEL skills would you prefer your cadre possess?

          Me: Logistics.
          Member #2: Intel gatherer/scout.
          Member #3: Commo spec.
          Member #4: Field expedient engineer (McGuyver/Wrench-Head).
          Member #5: Farming/gardening spec.
          I'd go for food gatherer and latrine digger... It's gotta go in and it's gotta go out, if you want to live!!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by TLM View Post
            I'd go for food gatherer and latrine digger... It's gotta go in and it's gotta go out, if you want to live!!!
            lol.......
            "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

            "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

            Comment


            • #21
              I'd like a medic in there somewhere.
              ENJOY AND STAY SAFE

              TEOTWAWKI happens to all of us everyday. Always be prepared!

              P.A.W.T. = PROUD AMERICAN WHITE TRASH

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by nitehawg View Post
                I'd like a medic in there somewhere.
                Well, because I am a medic, I figured it was redundant for MY specific party. But I agree that everyone should have, at the very least an EMT-Basic-trained individual in their party....If you'd like to become an EMT-B, it's not very expensive, and the skills are quite common-sense and easy to learn.

                I took my first EMT course after joining a VFD, and they paid for my schooling and testing...all I had to do was maintain a 3.5 GPA or better. Trust me...the course is so freaking interesting, you'll have no problem at all maintaining attention, a 3.5 GPA or better, and passing your practical exams w/flying colors (if you can overcome the nerves).

                If you're serious, you can add this skill to your dossier very easily, in about 3 months of 2 night classes per week.
                "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                Comment


                • #23
                  I'd want a medic in there too.
                  "Be Excellent to Each Other"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    My five, other then me

                    1. Chemist
                    2. Dentist (more versatile then a Dr. They had to go to Med school too)
                    3. Lutheran Minister (Every one I have met has 2 Doctorates, One in Religion and one in something else. Mine has a Sociology Doctorate)
                    4. Mechanical Engineer
                    5. Farmer/Rancher/Critter expert

                    If I could add another I would like to add a guy I saw on the Discovery Channel. This guy went out, found rocks, smelted them and make various iron and metal impliments. He went a few steps beyond being a blacksmith and used wood to melt his metal the old traditional way. He even made gun barells.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                      My five, other then me

                      1. Chemist
                      2. Dentist (more versatile then a Dr. They had to go to Med school too)
                      3. Lutheran Minister (Every one I have met has 2 Doctorates, One in Religion and one in something else. Mine has a Sociology Doctorate)
                      4. Mechanical Engineer
                      5. Farmer/Rancher/Critter expert

                      If I could add another I would like to add a guy I saw on the Discovery Channel. This guy went out, found rocks, smelted them and make various iron and metal impliments. He went a few steps beyond being a blacksmith and used wood to melt his metal the old traditional way. He even made gun barells.
                      Good thoughts.....sometimes the rudimentary skills are overlooked, and some are even taken for granted......
                      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                      "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                        You are in a group consisting of five people, including yourself (otherwise known as a squad). Let's pretend that all of your members also have the quintessential American family in-tow (man, woman, 2.4 kids). All of your members are self-sufficient, and nobody is considered to be a burden on the company.

                        What four individual MASTER LEVEL skills would you prefer your cadre possess?

                        Me: Logistics.
                        Member #2: Intel gatherer/scout.
                        Member #3: Commo spec.
                        Member #4: Field expedient engineer (McGuyver/Wrench-Head).
                        Member #5: Farming/gardening spec.
                        Given this scenerio, I'd probably fit more into #4. The ability to convert a mass of items which no longer function individually and combine the workings of such items to form one large concoction is fun and relatively simple for me.
                        "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Visinedrops View Post
                          Given this scenerio, I'd probably fit more into #4. The ability to convert a mass of items which no longer function individually and combine the workings of such items to form one large concoction is fun and relatively simple for me.
                          Watch it...you might get recruited...
                          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                          "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I break stuff:D:D:D
                            73

                            later,
                            ZA

                            Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
                            beat you to death with it because it is empty.

                            The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Zombie Axe View Post
                              I break stuff:D:D:D
                              LMAO.......Yeah, but can you fix anything?
                              "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                              "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Zombie Axe View Post
                                I break stuff:D:D:D
                                Awesome! Every birth of a new civilization needs a demolitionist. Destroy that which once was, turn it into raw material for others to make it what it will become.
                                "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions." "The things you own end up owning you"-Tyler Durden

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X