• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • herbalpagan
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2009

check out this///

Hubby and I were watching Beck tonight and an ad came on. Apparently it was on all major news plus the weather channel. I won't give my opinion, except to say that I guess it's better to prep any way you can than not at all.:rolleyes:
  • maric
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by herbalpagan View Post
    Hubby and I were watching Beck tonight and an ad came on. Apparently it was on all major news plus the weather channel. I won't give my opinion, except to say that I guess it's better to prep any way you can than not at all.:rolleyes:
    http://prepareyourfamilynow.com/index2.html
    um, yeah, interesting... did you check out the hefty price tag? Ill pass.. but maybe it will get people thinking in a positive way??
    If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

• maric
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2011

They have a whole lot of stuff included in this "container" .. Didnt see a firearm though :)
      If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

• Echo2
        The Ka-Tet of TK-421
        • Apr 2011

There are a few companies doing this.....neat concept....but every family is individual....therefore it's needs will be individual.

Something...however....is better than nothing.
        Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

• 10eckid
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2011

If the shtf do you really think that this will be delivered in 24 hours?
          " If you want to live, treat me good " Peter Tosh

Comment

• TennOutdoors
            • Apr 2011

Depends on the severity of the disaster and whether the roads are passable. of course if your home is wiped away. I would think that 1. you would have problems calling for your supplies. 2. it would be hard to find an address in that situation. assuming that the LEO's and or Guard would let them through in the first place.

not to mention some citys and towns passed laws prohibiting people from running generators between certian times, becuase neighbors complained that the sound of generators kept them awake, and etc... yep I reall hated hearing generators running in the aftermath of hurricanes and flooding. but not enough to do with out my power LOL.

Id bet the real reason is they didnt have a generator and were ticked that the some one had power and refrigeration.

Comment

• Dawg Fan
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011

Well heck let me rush and send them my $100. Then I'll haappily send them $140 per month to store it for me. Gosh they're such nice people to save me from having to find a place to put all that stuff. LOL

Comment

• herbalpagan
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2009

I noticed that they said if a power outage and phone down happens for more than 48 hours at your place, it triggers an automatic delivery...wonder how that would have worked in the ice storm a couple of years ago?
                However, it's decent qulity stuff and I guess if you aren't into the fun of preparing yourself, but you want to be prepared just in case, it would be ok. Most of us could do it for much less money.
                I am glad to see that it might make some more prepared and glad to see preparedness going mainstream.

Comment

• Echo2
                  The Ka-Tet of TK-421
                  • Apr 2011

I wonder if they will deliver to the superdome?....:)
                  Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Working...
                  X