Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if the S truly does HTF.... How do you see it going down?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    The S has been hitting the fan .... it just doesn't look like we expected it to.

    O.W.
    Things are seldom what they seem.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
      The S has been hitting the fan .... it just doesn't look like we expected it to.

      O.W.
      good point.....cause and effect....cause is over....brace for effect.
      Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
        The S has been hitting the fan .... it just doesn't look like we expected it to.

        O.W.

        How so? You mean, with the dollar value?
        not an expert

        Comment


        • #19
          I agree with TennOutdoors. I think there will be a series of events, natural and/or manmade disasters that cause an economic downfall that starts it all. Sure am glad I don't live in the city.
          " If you want to live, treat me good " Peter Tosh

          Comment


          • #20
            I don't know that I can put my finger on an "event". I think it could be anything from losing my job which causes MY S to hit my F, to an infrastructure collapse. You have a much greater chance of a SHTF situation on a personal level than on a global one.

            One of the most common blindspots with preppers/survivalists, myself included, is overlooking the "right now". An example would be not wearing a seatbelt. What good does having the best laid BOL and gear do you if you get killed in a car crash 5 minutes after SHTF by a panicked soccer mom blowing through a red light?
            surviveinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

            Comment


            • #21
              OR if you get killed be your unsecured BOB in the back seat flying forward and hitting you ;)
              WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

              The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Diesel View Post
                OR if you get killed be your unsecured BOB in the back seat flying forward and hitting you ;)
                Getting hit in the head by a flying DAK ham would suck.
                surviveinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  There was a short story on the internet called "Lights Out". If you haven't already read it I strongly suggest you try to find it. I think it's close to what we would see after SHTF. My personal plans are in order of what this story is about.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Brother Bill View Post
                    There was a short story on the internet called "Lights Out". If you haven't already read it I strongly suggest you try to find it. I think it's close to what we would see after SHTF. My personal plans are in order of what this story is about.
                    it's along the same lines of "One Second After" and "Patriots"....I feel that it's a bit more realistic mindset from what I've skimmed.

                    I want David Crawford....or the publishers rather...to release it on audiobook.

                    David is a contributor on another site....very nice guy.....you should look up some of his youtube vid interviews.....he knows what he is talking about...we have exchanged a few post.
                    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      All I can say is that the end will not be protracted. When the dominoes start to fall they will pick up speed. Whether it is civil unrest first or food shortages or some kind of financial crisis the end will happen fast.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I kind of agree with the scenario bcauz3y laid out. The cities will be a mess and like New Orleans the gangs which already have a sort of paramilitary structure will rise to the top of the S%$* pile as things collapse. The zero liability voter types will freak when they realize that the hind tit has been pulled from their mouth. No more free house, food, or money. I feel bad for anyone within 70 miles of a major city. As time passes it's inevitable that some of this blight will make it out at least that far; like rats from a sinking ship.

                        I honestly think that that might be some of the reason that over the last 10 to 15 years many rural areas have seen their states move welfare types out of the big cities and into their areas as the government "spreads the wealth" so to speak. Not really any bastion left without gov't freeloader types having been imported. Though these few will be easier to deal with in their smaller numbers than the massive crowds in those city slums and projects. Just think of NYC, Philly, DC, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, LA etc... as they empty out... It will really get interesting depending on the time of year and weather to be dealt with also. I mean look at how Philly, NYC & D.C. came to a halt last winter and this winter with snow storms or the fact that the city didn't plow. The majority of the masses have no common sense on how to even get around or survive if someone doesn't "do" for them. Imagine when the heat, water, sewer & electricity goes out. I wonder how many of them even have a flashlight or food & water that could last them more than 2 or 3 days.
                        I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
                          I kind of agree with the scenario bcauz3y laid out. The cities will be a mess and like New Orleans the gangs which already have a sort of paramilitary structure will rise to the top of the S%$* pile as things collapse. The zero liability voter types will freak when they realize that the hind tit has been pulled from their mouth. No more free house, food, or money. I feel bad for anyone within 70 miles of a major city. As time passes it's inevitable that some of this blight will make it out at least that far; like rats from a sinking ship.

                          I honestly think that that might be some of the reason that over the last 10 to 15 years many rural areas have seen their states move welfare types out of the big cities and into their areas as the government "spreads the wealth" so to speak. Not really any bastion left without gov't freeloader types having been imported. Though these few will be easier to deal with in their smaller numbers than the massive crowds in those city slums and projects. Just think of NYC, Philly, DC, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, LA etc... as they empty out... It will really get interesting depending on the time of year and weather to be dealt with also. I mean look at how Philly, NYC & D.C. came to a halt last winter and this winter with snow storms or the fact that the city didn't plow. The majority of the masses have no common sense on how to even get around or survive if someone doesn't "do" for them. Imagine when the heat, water, sewer & electricity goes out. I wonder how many of them even have a flashlight or food & water that could last them more than 2 or 3 days.
                          I dont think it matters if they are on welfare or not, in cities or rural. alot of people dont bother to have more than a few days worth of food in their homes, because its so easy to get in a car and get more. and what ever lessons they might have learned from a previous disaster fades after a year and its back to the old ways.

                          when it was announced that Rita might hit Houston. ( at the time I lived north of Houston) almost every store in seventy miles was out of water by the end of the day. I had run into town on Errand and was walking the aisles of a Kroger watching paniced people shoving stuff in their carts. and all of them talking about how there was no water. LOL

                          I watched a woman adding another ten pound bag of rice to her cart that was already loaded with three other bags and several cases of ramen talking to another woman about how there was no water. I said loudly to my friend " funny how theres no water and every one is grabbing things that require water to prepare" ended up standing there telling that woman and every one else that listened to go across the street to Wally world buy up the large fifty gallon trash cans, take them home where the water was still running and fill them up.

                          lesson... most people dont even think. thank god so many evacuated, or there would have been alot of deaths from stupidity.

                          oh okay one more thing. sorry to make it so long.

                          the day before the Hurricane hit, I drove down into Houston. well the outskirts. Eeriest drive of my life, nothing, no one. roads empty. trash blowing across the road. like a horror movie. kept waiting to see zombies spilling out of the buildings with their bibs on and ketchup in their hands.

                          a Friend of mine is a paramedic and they took some Video footage of Downtown Houston at Night. just eerie as all get out to see a major city empty like that.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I'm about 20 miles out of Chicago and I hope that my neighbors will band together to help defend our area. I have always planned on bugging in with hopes that the local family (about 15) would come to us knowing that I am that crazy gun guy. Of course they would have to bring whatever supplies they had too. But who knows how things could go down....
                            He who lives with the most toys, wins.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bcauz3y View Post
                              How so? You mean, with the dollar value?
                              Just one of multiple facets .... much of our manufacturing began leaving the country decades ago under the guise of balanced trade .... flood of immigrants into the nation burdening our social infrastructure as well as competing for jobs .... "terrorist" events which have resulted in gov. treading on our rights as proclaimed in our Constitution. Military units (NORTHCOM) poised to engage the populace .... government operating cost by far exceed funds generated by taxes; been borrowing from other nations to the tune of multi-trillions $$$ .... our sons and daughters, brothers and sisters serving in multiple theatres throughout the globe .... wanna fly the friendly skies and watch your wife and children be fondled by scumbags? We are now living in a police state. Many other events occurring that aren't so obvious .... it's as though TPTB are playing three dimensional chess against us .... they with a full complement of pieces against our solitary king.

                              I don't really know how to describe what it looks like .... I just know that I'm seeing it.

                              O.W.
                              Last edited by Oscar Wilde; 05-04-2011, 02:33 AM.
                              Things are seldom what they seem.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                TennOutdoors - I should have clarified, I didn't just mean the govt dependents aren't prepared, but as you said people in general are not prepared for anything. You also make a great point about the short memories people have after something happens. I'd bet many are even shorter than the year you mention.

                                Great point on the herded masses not thinking. Amazing how that woman must have never even thought how she could prepare her rice and noodles. So many just can't fathom the idea of turning on the tap or light switch and nothing happening.


                                Monet861 - I used to live north of Chicago up by Gurnee; I don't envy your location. Not sure which direction you are out of town but I think worst to be towards the south side. With Chicago & Cook Cty being such an anti-gun strong hold you know the only people with guns will be the thugs looking to rob and loot.

                                Have you had a conversation with any of those family members or with any of your neighbors on what might happen in an emergency? Might be a good way to bring it to light in the wake of the recent storms. Don't necessarily have to go over and say hey, "what's your plans for an economical collapse or a SHTF situation". Maybe it's just a "hey have you guys thought about trying to prepare for an emergency like a tornado" etc... Be a good thing to feel out which neighbors will be a help to bring into the fold and which might be a hindrance.
                                I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X