Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

testing myself.. didnt do that great.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by maric View Post
    Ive never really had to ruck it much with a pack.. maybe a light backpack..(this is the Mrs- not Mr to distinguish, he'd have a WHOLE different answer being an infantryman and all) BUT, we would really hiked tons with all my pregnancies (4) We would hike an easy 6 or so miles when I was 9 months prego, with one on my hip.. Its only been recently that I am learning, and adjusting to hiking with weight on my back. Whole different ball game!!I hiked last wkend with the baby carrier, baby aboard, tough, but not as bad as I thought.. (pic FINALLY posted) lol.. and Ive learned how much I need to improve my shoulder and back strength! Ill wear my pack around the house too, just to break it in... adjustments take some time (as Im sure ya'll know) and I want it fitting right! Also, I can NOT hear enough from the MR.. pushups -pushups- pushups.. My upper body strength isnt where it should be... so, just a ladies perspective, I guess... :) Its good PT though, and it will come in handy!
    6 mile hike at 9 months pregnant. You are in great shape I would say. That or my ex was way out of shape cause she couldn't walk to the mail box without having to take a nap afterwards.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by PT945 View Post
      6 mile hike at 9 months pregnant. You are in great shape I would say. That or my ex was way out of shape cause she couldn't walk to the mail box without having to take a nap afterwards.
      lol... Well thanks. It seems like after I had the kiddos, and hit my 30's, the metabolism all went down hill. That and having 2 little ones so young.. just always so tired. Energy has dropped.. gotta try to eat healthier. We cook tons, its me and the old mans way of bonding, seasoning, prepping, drinks and a good meal, BUT I have to work on the physical regiment. Hiking took a back seat for about a yearish.. but now were back on track.. just incorporating it with the 2 little ones!
      If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by maric View Post
        lol... Well thanks. It seems like after I had the kiddos, and hit my 30's, the metabolism all went down hill. That and having 2 little ones so young.. just always so tired. Energy has dropped.. gotta try to eat healthier. We cook tons, its me and the old mans way of bonding, seasoning, prepping, drinks and a good meal, BUT I have to work on the physical regiment. Hiking took a back seat for about a yearish.. but now were back on track.. just incorporating it with the 2 little ones!
        Yeah a lot of things take a backseat when you have kids. Its nice when they get to the age were they start enjoying the hikes.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by maric View Post
          .... We would hike an easy 6 or so miles when I was 9 months prego, with one on my hip..
          You one tough cookie ....

          O.W.
          Things are seldom what they seem.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
            You one tough cookie ....

            O.W.
            lol.. nah, just couldnt wait to pop that baby out!!! I walked non-stop just trying to induce.. I did ALL the things they tell you... didnt work... SHE was the tough cookie.. I just like hiking, thats all! Ill go thru some old pics, didnt take too many cause I was orka big, and all, but I know I have one some where of us hiking back then! :)

            ...found one... told ya I hiked when pregnant! Think it was about 7 and a half months here give or take a few weeks!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by maric; 05-07-2011, 04:48 PM. Reason: adding pics
            If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

            Comment

            Working...
            X