No announcement yet.

Philosophical and witty sayings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan :)
    If the zombies chase us, Im tripping you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maric View Post
      How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

that's a good one...:)
      Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by maric View Post

He also said, "It's not hard to get stuff done, if you don't care who gets the credit."

And one of my faves (attributed to my Uncle Jerry as he peered at my wound), "It will feel good when it quits hurting!"
        "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

" I drank what?" Socrates

" ive had worse in my eye " My grandfather.

" if you panic do it fast"

" I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." Winston Churchill
          Last edited by TennOutdoors; 05-19-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Never interrupt your opponent while he’s making a mistake

By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he has a son who thinks he’s wrong.

And one of the best quotes ever

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat
            1371 and a honey bun -- BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Tx View Post
              Never interrupt your opponent while he’s making a mistake

By the time a man realizes that his father was right, he has a son who thinks he’s wrong.

And one of the best quotes ever

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat
              Who are you quoting with the last one.. its good!

Comment

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.”
                General George S. Patton

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant’s life, she will choose to save the infant’s life without even considering if there are men on base.
                (not sure who said it, but Im guessing it was a man???) lol
                Last edited by maric; 05-21-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Maric --- Teddy Roosevelt great quote -- lets not discuss the man himself lest we taint it with his .. uhh.. yeah.. you get the drift

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Tx View Post
                    Maric --- Teddy Roosevelt great quote -- lets not discuss the man himself lest we taint it with his .. uhh.. yeah.. you get the drift
                    lol.. thanks! And you just got one more post!! :) Case pictures, here we come!!

Comment

well, its just an old Case Trapper -- B U T !!!! I think many of folks here would enjoy the look of it- its so old that the yellow side slab is cracked, and it has been sharpened so much that the main blade looks like an icepick. I did some research once and found that it is from aroun 1963 or 67' don't recall exactly. I guess it being my Grandpa's is what makes it amazing. His name was C.L. Ryan which is short for Chalma Lee O'Ryan At 80 he was still 6'2, blonde headed with abit of silvering. He grew up on the WT Waggoner Ranch. This won't mean much to some ppl, but to many it will. The Waggoner ranch has been reduced in size abit in recent history, yet it is still 535,000 acres with 26,000 acres of farmland (wheat pasture mostly) Yeah, he was Irish to the bone with big fists and a smile on his face when he had the fortune to put them to use on a smart mouth's face. To me, that is what makes this knife. Picture of it soon... as I hit 15 posts LOL

Comment

To me, possessions that have stories, and memories like that, well, those mean the most and have much more value! I am not familiar with the area, or ranch, (sounds wonderful), however, I appreciate you sharing!

Comment

if it is a dumb idea and it works....it's not a dumb idea....

Comment

if the enemy is in range....so are you.....

Comment

The man who complains about the way the ball bounces
                              is likely to be the man who dropped it.
                              ~Lou Holtz~
                              be prepared,be worried,be careful..and watch your 6

Comment

The only easy day, was yesterday. Old special ops & seal saying.

Incoming fire, has the right of way. Murphy's laws of combat
                                Look unimportant, your enemy may be low on ammo.
                                All 5 second grenade fuzzes wall detonate in 3.

Dale

Comment

Working...
                                X