Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I figured I would post a list of goals that I have for myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured I would post a list of goals that I have for myself...

List of goals (In no direct order).. Please comment, gift me your suggestions or ideas to help me push through all of this, I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    I have not broken this down into a timeline or worked though the process of tagging goals on top of other goals to make the process cohesive.

Study to get these certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSE
    The knowledge is more important than the certification.

Progress my knowledge further in:
    [Computer related] C++, SQL, Web Development, XML, HTML, PHP, JS, IIS, Apache, Cryptography, Linux, Active Directory, Windows Server 2003 & 2008, Powershell and the skills mentioned above to get those certifications.
    [Non-technical] First Aid (Jr Level EMT / Wilderness / Combat Medic type training), Gardening, Electronics, canning, dehydration, long term food storage, Ham/Amateur Radio, Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS), Morse Code, map reading, Krav Maga/some other hand to hand self defense technique, archery

-
    Get a 30day (1 month) supply of food
    Get a 60day (2 month) supply of food
    Get a 120day (4 month) supply of food
    Get a 6 month supply of food
    Food can be stored between my in building storage unit and apartment.
    -

Store more water.

Read more. That will come with studying.

Get out and do more stuff rather than sitting at home.

Turn my fat weight into muscle weight.

Eat healthier.

Get out and shoot. I need to practice practice practice.

Buy a automobile. preferred a small SUV. Something that I can use for camping and/or sleeping in.

Buy a document safe for fire protection. Something that can fit into the gun safe that I'm getting at a later date.
    Buy a gun safe. For storing my firearms and documents. Required at least 30min fire protection.

Buy an iPod Touch.

Buy a small crossbow and about 50 bolts.

Buy a bow and ~100 arrows for it.

Sell the uninterrupted power supplies that are in my closet. Or take them apart and pull out the batteries for use in my solar station. I may sell 2 of them and use one for storing power.

Buy 4 little UPS units for my computer and home.

Buy a trek light double hammock - camo

Buy a sleeping bag.

Buy a nightvision binoculars, monocle or a scope. A scope would be nice to attach to a rifle.

Get back into playing AD&D2nd Ed and/or WOD I still have my books and dice. Table Top not video game.

Draw more stuff. Got to push the pencil to the paper.

Convert cash into gold and silver ounces.

Things to make:
    -
    Build 2 small greenhouses for my balcony
    45" x 15", ~72" tall
    45" x 24", ~72" tall
    I want to grow some of my own food. At the bottom will be a 20"x30"x12"tall drawer for producing compost.
    I want the other area at the bottom for storing home roasted coffee beans while they emit CO2 into the greenhouse. Note on this: http://hackaday.com/2010/01/22/hack-...offee-roaster/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_roasting_coffee (Roasting coffee beans produces a significant amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) gas; this CO2 preserves freshness to the extent that it excludes atmospheric oxygen.)
    This will help my vegis grow.
    -
    Some little LED lights that plug into the phone line. Red, Blue and White. That way when the power goes out at least I'll still have light.
    -
    Hand crank charger for my phone and iPod. Also, a way to hand crank a light as well.
    -
    Get a small solar panel for powering my phone and ipod.
    -
    Another small solar panel for powering the exhaust and water system for the mini-greenhouse to vent out heat and Oxygen and water the food.
    -
    A mini-electrolysis machine to produce my own hydrogen and oxygen. Hydrogen for a small generator that is used to run the electrolysis machine. Oxygen to breath. Also attach solar panels to it for power.
    -
    A small wagon that I can use to pull my gear in case SHTF. And I'm on foot or bike.
    -
    Sling bow
    -
    ultralight tarp x 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHzZAGqIaV8
    -
    Turn my budget database into a website.
    -
    Get my idea for a gaming world building website up and running.
    -
    Solar oven
    -
    Solar dehydrator
    -
    mini-solar water heater
    -
    Can rotator

[Mind you I have no tools for doing any of the building projects. I am starting from scratch.]

Great list! I think you just saved me a lot of work!

I am an IT guy, do some web dev, db stuff, prj mgmt, etc... looks like we grew on the same tree.

Good luck on checking these off...

What is your angle on turning your budget into a website? just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by hubste5 View Post
      Great list! I think you just saved me a lot of work!

I am an IT guy, do some web dev, db stuff, prj mgmt, etc... looks like we grew on the same tree.

Good luck on checking these off...

What is your angle on turning your budget into a website? just curious...

Thanks for the luck.
      My angel for turning my budget into a website is just to have a place to log my spending. If I track my spending and I'm able to do trend analysis in realtime, I'll be able to budget myself and make smarter purchase choices.
      Really I just want something that is simple, a few forms and a few reports. I know that if I don't log a purchase into a system RIGHT away. I won't get around to doing it. Something that I can do while I'm in line at the time of purchase will really help me plan. Also, if I log how much I spend on taxes. I can try and get a better rebate at the end of the year when the IRS comes a calling.

Comment

Working...
      X