Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont get your fur ruffled im using kapersky and it just started showing up as soon as you changed over so now i've had to adapt and overcome the situation but seriously i tried it again tonight and said there was a trojan virus on here
    the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

i have set the site to the default skin

let me know if you still have the problems
      WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	detected.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	184446

FWIW, this is the offender that I got the other night... it happened when I clicked on ANY thread to read... I haven't researched it any further, and I "ignored" it, and haven't received it anywhere else... I plan to run a complete scan tonight just to make sure I don't have any unwanted passengers aboard the train.

This is a screenshot everyone, a picture... NOT an alert on your PC... :)

Comment

I have just had 3 failed attempts to logging in. This was after I was logged in and checked the box to keep me logged in. This is the error message I got...
          "If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below."

Just before getting this error message, I saw a brief "Thank you for logging in Pioneer" but it did NOT show me as logged in when the main page opened.

How I got around it....

I clicked on a recent topic on the right hand side and then it showed me as logged in when that page loaded.

Hope this is helpful in fixing the problem?

BTW, I am current with all my updates.

Again, this morning, it did the same thing to me and again, I got the same results by clicking a "recent" link to the right.
          Pioneer
          Last edited by Pioneer; 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM. Reason: just more info
          Being unprepared is giving up!

Comment

Working fine this morning. (And I have the latest updates to my knowledge.... using work PC at auto company.) Thanks Diesel.

Comment

Just signed on after a a couple of month... Yes the Username "space" and the "psswrd" space beside are covered by a (FORUM) ghosty block or something.
              I had to wiggled around it and then it vanished.
              "And with a collection of minds and talent, they survived"

Comment

thank you for fixing the site i was going through with draws
                the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

I've just been unable to get online for leisure purposes due to wild events at work and a death in the family in another state...but I am back now...hope to rustle up some more activity here!

Comment

I don't have internet at home, so i use the computer at work during break. Have been really busy the last few months and haven't had my normal breaks. things seem to be getting back to normal, (what ever normal is).
                    G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

Originally posted by methusaleh View Post
                      I've just been unable to get online for leisure purposes due to wild events at work and a death in the family in another state...but I am back now...hope to rustle up some more activity here!
                      Sorry to hear of your loss.
                      Every Day , Is A Bonus.

Comment

Not complacent. Just scared as hell to come back. I was visiting the site and got the virus notification. The next morning my computer went all to hell saying it has a virus. I paid a man $50 to get it straightened out. Still not knowing what happened, I visited the site again. Within two minutes the computer again goes nuts with a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                          Not complacent. Just scared as hell to come back. I was visiting the site and got the virus notification. The next morning my computer went all to hell saying it has a virus. I paid a man $50 to get it straightened out. Still not knowing what happened, I visited the site again. Within two minutes the computer again goes nuts with a virus.
                          Just curious here ......... Why would you keep going back to a site that you get a virus from ??
                          Every Day , Is A Bonus.

Comment

On the virus thing... All (ok 99.9%) of all websites are hosted by professional hosting services. When a new virus is introduced to the internet, it's signature has not yet been identified/defined by the virus protection services (Mcafee, Nortin, Avast...etc). Now these guys are amazing that they can identify, update there db files, and get them out to the consumer BEFORE you (the consumer) runs into the bug. That being said, there is always an opportunity for a virus to slip in. The owner of this site has nothing to do with it, as he likely "rents" the webspace from a service provider, as is the standard. Even the true owners/maintainers of the hosting facility do not have COMPLETE control... if a virus has not been identified, no one's protection software will pick it up (unless it is a variant that shares enough commonalities with a known bug).

Just saying, it can happen, and somewhere there is a bad guy that enjoys dealing out misery... :(
                            This was not intended as a reply to any certain post, just general information.

Comment

Working...
                            X