Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting married saturday any last words NOOOO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pathfinder3081
    replied
    CONGRATS'.. I love being married, The first was a blast for 14 years. The 2nd was fun too, but we were better dates than husband and wife. Now my 3rd! It's the best out of the three. (smile)

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    My honey don't spoon anywayz....she's got her side and I have mine.....it's a truce....I love a king sized bed....the "neutral zone" is where the ......forks go.....

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
    It's also hard to fork.....if you know what I mean....
    What most of you guys don't realize, is, if you spoon tender and good, she's more likely to - ahem - fork. You make her feel appreciated, rather than just something to poke.

Leave a comment:

• lady_banjo
    replied
    Congrats! There's nothing better than being married to your best friend.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
    - Never go to bed angry. It's hard to spoon with someone with whom you are angry, and it's important to spoon!
    It's also hard to fork.....if you know what I mean.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    A few thoughts about getting married

* I''ve sometimes thought about marrying... and then I''ve thought again.
    * A little girl asked her father, "Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?" And the father replied, "I don''t know, I''m still paying."
    * Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
    * If a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
    * After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can''t face each other, but still they stay together.
    * Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
    * Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence.
    * Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished.
    * Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After marriage, the ''Y'' becomes silent.
    * Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
    * Marriage is when a man and woman become as one; the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
    * Marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside desperate to get out.
    * If you want your wife to listen carefully to everything you say, try talking in your sleep.
    * If marriage was outlawed, only outlaws would have in-laws.
    * My girlfriend told me I should be more affectionate. So I got two girlfriends.
    * How do most men define marriage? A very expensive way to getting their laundry done free.
    * Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, then when you see what the other person has, you wish you had ordered that.

Good luck and God bless.....

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    ooooo wellll i warned ya good luck now on the down said you have some one too hold you up weight you down and smother you on the good side train her well and she might turn out good at least you have another 80 to 100 that can be carried now some one too hold ya when your cold some one to talk too some one too cook and most importantly a FRIENDfor life

Leave a comment:

• hubste5
    replied
    Congrats! Hope she can cook... :)

Leave a comment:

• neverknow
    replied
    To late its done im now doomed.:(

Leave a comment:

• prkchp76
    replied
    DONT DO IT it just aint worth it i love my wife and kids but it just aint worth it

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyowl View Post
    Married her two years later.
    Three years. We married in 1970. Shhhhhh! :p

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl
    replied
    That's my girl. :D Met her in Nov 1967 at a high school function. Married her two years later. It has been a wonderful ride. Now if we can just survive Obama...:(

Congratulations to the two of you. May you have much success.

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Originally posted by hubste5 View Post
    1) No Credit Cards!!! (maybe 1 as an emergency device)
    2) Any purchases over "X" amount get discussed prior. ($50-$100)
    3) Live within your financial means. (see a pattern here?)
    4) Live in her shoes -- everything you say, act upon, etc... take pause to imagine how she will perceive it, it is impossible to take unkind words back.
    5) She should be your best friend.
    6) People are not truly "in love" when they get married...(usually) that comes later, gradually, as you walk through the fire, side by side.
    7) Everyday is a fresh start, take advantage of it.
    8) You be the one that "get's over it" quickly...
    9) Make it a point to take on some of her interests, even if it hurts a little.

18th anniversary next weekend, both on our first, and last.
    VERY well put! We are coming up on 40. DO pay special attention to #4. Words will stick with her.

I would add:

- Never go to bed angry. It's hard to spoon with someone with whom you are angry, and it's important to spoon!
    - When you ARE angry, say so. I'm angry because.... and the next word should NEVER be "you".

Advice for her:
    - Buy aspirin. If you have "headaches", he'll find someone who doesn't.
    - Make sure to let him know that he hangs the moon for you. Every day.
    - When you ARE angry, say so. I'm angry because.... and the next word should NEVER be "you" (yes, this is for both of you!).
    - Saying, "Nothing" when he asks you what's wrong solves, well, nothing.

IF you are best friends, IF you trust each other, it's okay to say, "That made me feel like crap!" because you won't use it against each other!

Hugs, and I wish you both much success :).

Leave a comment:

• kenno
    replied
    Originally posted by hubste5 View Post
    1) No Credit Cards!!! (maybe 1 as an emergency device)
    2) Any purchases over "X" amount get discussed prior. ($50-$100)
    3) Live within your financial means. (see a pattern here?)
    4) Live in her shoes -- everything you say, act upon, etc... take pause to imagine how she will perceive it, it is impossible to take unkind words back.
    5) She should be your best friend.
    6) People are not truly "in love" when they get married...(usually) that comes later, gradually, as you walk through the fire, side by side.
    7) Everyday is a fresh start, take advantage of it.
    8) You be the one that "get's over it" quickly...
    9) Make it a point to take on some of her interests, even if it hurts a little.

18th anniversary next weekend, both on our first, and last.
    Yeah!
    Never go into debt, it will ruin a marrige.
    Never let one spouse pay the bills alone (mine ran-up 34,000 in debt and sorta forgot to mention it).
    Trust but verify.
    would I do it again? Sure but I'm a sucker!

Leave a comment:

• coxmw
    replied
    Married for 21 yrs Wed. Go for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X